New Beta Firmware V2.2 for A129 Duo

OK, this is not even funny. This firmware (2.1 "stable") is still buggy. The camera randomly starts beeping when entering parking mode. Its state is the same as when you press the second button from the left (the one that stops recording and allows you to press the menu)
To resume parking mode I have to press menu button twice. Also, as the sd card is filled with videos , the camera's menu becomes less responsive.
What the heck is going on with the quality control at Viofo?
I think I'll forget about the buffered parking mode and just go back to v 1.5. I am sorry, but I'm tired of being a beta tester, no time for that.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

OK, this is not even funny. This firmware (2.1 "stable") is still buggy. The camera randomly starts beeping when entering parking mode. Its state is the same as when you press the second button from the left (the one that stops recording and allows you to press the menu)
To resume parking mode I have to press menu button twice. Also, as the sd card is filled with videos , the camera's menu becomes less responsive.
What the heck is going on with the quality control at Viofo?
I think I'll forget about the buffered parking mode and just go back to v 1.5. I am sorry, but I'm tired of being a beta tester, no time for that.

You have described almost all the issues I was having with beta software 2.3 that went away with a low level format of the SD card (using SD card formatter) .
I never had any issue with the system operation with a 128GB card filling up. I am still running this beta copy.

You have described almost all the issues I was having with beta software 2.3 that went away with a low level format of the SD card (using SD card formatter) .
I never had any issue with the system operation with a 128GB card filling up. I am still running this beta copy.
I will give it a try.

I think I'll forget about the buffered parking mode and just go back to v 1.5
I run an A129 Duo in my car and another in our family car - both are on V1.50 which is very reliable.

EDIT: I do try other FW for testing, but then switch back to V1.5 with low bitrate parking because that meets my requirements perfectly.

Last edited:
As it is very apparent (at east to me) that SD card is a major player in problems might be kind to readers start listing what is used. For me Samsung Pro Extreme 128GB and 32GB.

As it is very apparent (at east to me) that SD card is a major player in problems might be kind to readers start listing what is used. For me Samsung Pro Extreme 128GB and 32GB.
I already said that in a previous reply to the thread - Samsung Pro Endurance 128 GB. The symptom I described is definitely a bug. Why does it resume parking mode when I press menu button twice?
I went back to 1.5.

My bad, I even got my dratted sd card brand and type wrong - Samsung Pro Endurance . . .sigh

I see new V2.2 and V2.3 listed on viofo support site for A129 Duo but there is no changelog. Any idea what does "N" means for FWA129N.bin?

I see new V2.2 and V2.3 listed on viofo support site for A129 Duo but there is no changelog. Any idea what does "N" means for FWA129N.bin?

Strangely v2.2 after it has what looks to be the date, so says 2022xxx

Whereas the v2.3 has the date of 2020xxx

So which is new!?! You would think v2.3, unless it’s a typo by them.

Anyone tried any, I’ve been on v1.5 since going my Duo because of reported problems anyway.

@Clement @DashCam11

Ver 2.2
V2.2_20201217, please check the attachment:

Changelog:

Added the WiFi station mode(Press the MIC button to enable, and WiFi button to disable.)
Live video source display will keep after the restart
Optimize looping recording in parking mode for slow card
Menu language translation update

This information was posted back in Dec 2021 by Bill. @viofo may be able to advise further.

@Clement @DashCam11

Ver 2.2
V2.2_20201217, please check the attachment:

Changelog:

Added the WiFi station mode(Press the MIC button to enable, and WiFi button to disable.)
Live video source display will keep after the restart
Optimize looping recording in parking mode for slow card
Menu language translation update

This information was posted back in Dec 2021 by Bill. @viofo may be able to advise further.

Just seems strange that the v2.3 says 2020 where’s v2.2 s says 2022…

Just seems strange that the v2.3 says 2020 where’s v2.2 s says 2022…
V2.2N is 2022 but v2.2 is 2020

Don't know what the N stands for.

I use V1.9 which seems to be working fine.

V2.2N is 2022 but v2.2 is 2020

Don't know what the N stands for.

I use V1.9 which seems to be working fine.

On the firmware download page though it indicates, as many other manufacturers firmware that v2.2 then has 2022, whereas v2.3 has 2020. That what seems strange to me.

Normally the Verizon would increment ? So v2.0, 2.1,2.2 etc, then the other bit/digits after us date. I may be completely wrong in the convention though. V2.3 (2022), v2.2 (2020). If this is the case I’d hard to determine which is which

bffc6dadf10b76ceab7e11769e0ce698.jpg

On the firmware download page though it indicates, as many other manufacturers firmware that v2.2 then has 2022, whereas v2.3 has 2020. That what seems strange to me.

Normally the Verizon would increment ? So v2.0, 2.1,2.2 etc, then the other bit/digits after us date. I may be completely wrong in the convention though. V2.3 (2022), v2.2 (2020). If this is the case I’d hard to determine which is which

bffc6dadf10b76ceab7e11769e0ce698.jpg

I tested flashing all. The FWA129N.bin is actually dated 20210908 as shown in cam after flashing. This is however still after the V2.3 date of 20200328

@LateralNW The V2.2 changelog you provided is from another viofo page and is date 20201217. https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000087812-viofo-a129-duo-dash-cam-firmware

Viofo has serious versioning issue, unless we are missing something.

V2.2 20201217=FWA129.bin
V2.2 20210908=FWA129N.bin
V2.3 20200328=FWA129.bin

I flashed V2.2 20210908 and find the wifi not working. Turned it on but my phone does not see the SSID. The camera also says "Conntecting:Fail". Would skip this version.

V2.2 20210908.jpg

Viofo has serious versioning issue, unless we are missing something.
This is very common for Viofo. They've done this numerous times with numerous models... Thank God there are people here who try to interpret the various firmware "upgrades".

I flashed V2.2 20210908 and find the wifi not working. Turned it on but my phone does not see the SSID. The camera also says "Conntecting:Fail". Would skip this version.

View attachment 60417

I don't know if you tried this already, but if not, you might try putting your phone in Airplane Mode for a minute or so and then turning off Airplane Mode. Sometimes this helps with WiFi connections.

Thank you for sharing. Would try next time when viofo properly document the changes. I upgraded from V2.1 to V2.2 20201217 to try out for now.

Back