Nextbase 5222GW Battery concerns?

Jay888

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

So I've purchased a Nextbase 522GW and followed the instructions and left it on charger for 2 hours until the blue light switched off. However to my shock and annoyance, the battery literally lasts 90 seconds before it dies.

I thought maybe I did something wrong, so I charged it again and the same thing happened, the battery is dead within 90 seconds( I actually timed it with a stopwatch).

After some googling this seems to be a common issue, surely a brand like this and the price they charge this should not be happening?!?!

Anyone have any advice, or should I just return it an buy another brand?

If you post this in the Nextbase 522 section here they should reply to you, business hours.

Hi Guys,

So I've purchased a Nextbase 522GW and followed the instructions and left it on charger for 2 hours until the blue light switched off. However to my shock and annoyance, the battery literally lasts 90 seconds before it dies.

I thought maybe I did something wrong, so I charged it again and the same thing happened, the battery is dead within 90 seconds( I actually timed it with a stopwatch).

After some googling this seems to be a common issue, surely a brand like this and the price they charge this should not be happening?!?!

Anyone have any advice, or should I just return it an buy another brand?
Hi. Apparently its how its designed. I approached next base and was told that the battery is not designed to hold a charge longer than if parking mode is activated. My old next base can last ten minutes on battery only.
Unfortunately the 522 has WiFi and Bluetooth for sos and next base app. Unfortunately, these drain the battery in a couple of minutes. I power both my dashcams via power banks and have done for three months. On parking mode, my Dashcam will continue recording for the full duration without issues.
Unfortunately most dashcams have this battery issue. The battery is only designed to catch a couple of clips and that's it.

Hi. Apparently its how its designed. I approached next base and was told that the battery is not designed to hold a charge longer than if parking mode is activated. My old next base can last ten minutes on battery only.
Unfortunately the 522 has WiFi and Bluetooth for sos and next base app. Unfortunately, these drain the battery in a couple of minutes. I power both my dashcams via power banks and have done for three months. On parking mode, my Dashcam will continue recording for the full duration without issues.
Unfortunately most dashcams have this battery issue. The battery is only designed to catch a couple of clips and that's it.
Thank you for the information.

I've had it installed now over a week, but had nothing but problems. The screen randomly freezes and I cannot get it fix it self without holding the power button down for like 1min constantly.

Pointless have a cam that does that, as I need to constantly be checking if it has frozen and thus stop recording. Just feel like I've purchased a useless item.

What SDCard are you using ?

Nextbase are quite demanding and they advise against any Sandisk.

Hi, Samsung EVO Plus U3 class 10 128GB. I believe it was yourself that recommend me this in another post.

It's genuine, purchased direct from Argos.

I've made a post here for help:

Thanks, I forgot :)

In that case the card should be fine as they have a high write rate compared to most.

Thank you for the information.

I've had it installed now over a week, but had nothing but problems. The screen randomly freezes and I cannot get it fix it self without holding the power button down for like 1min constantly.

Pointless have a cam that does that, as I need to constantly be checking if it has frozen and thus stop recording. Just feel like I've purchased a useless item.
Did you find and install the BRAND NEW UPDATE on Next base prior to use?

Sandisk caused multiple problems on my next base. I thought it was nextbase just wanting add on sales but I was wrong.
Two sd cards caused issues, Kingston and Sandisk. I put the nextbase in and all good for almost twelve months

Thanks, I forgot :)

In that case the card should be fine as they have a high write rate compared to most.
This is what I thought, so I do not understand. I have a friend who is using a Sandisk with no issues for a year, so its very hit and miss on what info is given out.

Although I avoided that and opted for the Samsung to be sure.

Back