Mobius Super Capacitor.

Your mobius holds time & date correctly with the supercap in use only few times a week? mine never has even when i used it 5 days a week.

Your mobius holds time & date correctly with the supercap in use only few times a week? mine never has even when i used it 5 days a week.
The time has drifted by a couple of minutes since last updated in mSetup. The date is correct.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 8 years 6 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

My other Mobius retired from service when it’s capacitor failed after 7 years 5 months. I considered buying a replacement capacitor, but decided against it. This Mobius owes me nothing, & will serve as a source of spare parts (if needed in the future) for the one that continues to work perfectly.

It appears that production of the Mobius 1 might have come to an end. I'm going to buy a couple of capacitors now while stocks last at my local reseller...

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 8 years 7 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

My other Mobius retired from service when it’s capacitor failed after 7 years 5 months. I considered buying a replacement capacitor, but decided against it. This Mobius owes me nothing, & will serve as a source of spare parts (if needed in the future) for the one that continues to work perfectly.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 8 years 8 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 8 years 9 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 8 years 10 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

Might as well add to this thread rather than start a new one.

My new Mobius 1S has a capacitor and I'm evaluating pre-release FW V1.21 with power-off disconnect set to 5 seconds. (Other delay options are being considered. I have already proven that 10s is too long).

The M1S records for 5 seconds after the engine is switched off, has enough charge to maintain the clock, and auto-records every time the car starts. I use the car at least 5 days a week.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 8 years 11 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam exactly 9 years ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s only in use a few times a week.

My new Mobius 1S has a capacitor and I'm evaluating pre-release FW V1.21 with power-off disconnect set to 5 seconds. (Other delay options are being considered. I have already proven that 10s is too long).

The M1S records for 5 seconds after the engine is switched off, has enough charge to maintain the clock, and auto-records every time the car starts. I use the car at least 5 days a week.
I left my car on the driveway for 6 days. Auto-record on the M1S worked OK the next time I started the car, but the capacitor did not maintain the clock for that duration.

I will try a shorter power-off disconnect setting than 5s.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 9 years 1 month ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s in use around 5 days a week.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 9 years 2 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s in use around 5 days a week.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 9 years 3 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s in use around 5 days a week.

Update. I installed a capacitor in my oldest Mobius cam 9 years 4 months ago. It starts recording when the engine is started. It holds date & time correctly, & saves the last file after the engine is switched off. It’s in use around 5 days a week.

I recently went back to the supercap for my Mobius after in the last years I used only batteries and I probably forgot about this "small issue" (don't remember tbh if this was the case in the past also)
Obviously, the setting is to shutdown the camera immediately when the engine is turned off, but from what I saw, the last video is always missing from the sd card...so it's not saved.

Is this normal? Or is the supercap dead?

I recently went back to the supercap for my Mobius after in the last years I used only batteries and I probably forgot about this "small issue" (don't remember tbh if this was the case in the past also)
Obviously, the setting is to shutdown the camera immediately when the engine is turned off, but from what I saw, the last video is always missing from the sd card...so it's not saved.

That's not a small issue. The camera should save the last file before shutting down, even on the 'immediate' setting. It sounds like your capacitor is dead.

It does sound like the super-cap is dead. Is it also losing the proper date and time? That would be another clue.

Back