Please Help with U1000 Cloud

knight3136

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently traded my phone in for Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. it comes with Android 12. I'm trying to connect the cloud service with Thinkware U1000. I tried about everything I can think off. Installed app again, reset the dash cam to factory. I have portable hotsoot. I'm able to connect through the wifi but not through the hotspot. After trying to connect I get an error message saying.

Failed to connect to network

Set dash came to AP mode, connect to it using the wifi menu on your mobile device. and try again.

What do I do to setup cloud service

I registered the dash cam two years ago to Samsung Note 10+. It was working as it should and I was able to get notifications. Thinkware keeps telling me the same thing register my dash cam using the app and set up my cloud. I already registered the dash cam first two years ago. The hotspot does let me know that it connected to another device but the app doesn't do anything. and in the app when i go to register devices there is nothing in there.

Set up the same SSID on your new phone as the old one, the camera should be able to connect to the new phone's hotspot.
Once that's done, you can confirm or change the configuration to have it look for your current hotspot.

It's a really tedious process, and I would never be able to "walk" someone through it because I often get things working "by accident".

Also make sure that your new phone is configured to log into your account. You can't connect one camera to multiple accounts... found that out when I tried to add my wife's camera to my phone.
I ended up removing the camera from her account, adding it to mine, and resetting her app to log in using my userID and password, so we effectively have two phones and two tablets using the same account with 2 cameras.

Set up the same SSID on your new phone as the old one, the camera should be able to connect to the new phone's hotspot.
Once that's done, you can confirm or change the configuration to have it look for your current hotspot.

It's a really tedious process, and I would never be able to "walk" someone through it because I often get things working "by accident".

Also make sure that your new phone is configured to log into your account. You can't connect one camera to multiple accounts... found that out when I tried to add my wife's camera to my phone.
I ended up removing the camera from her account, adding it to mine, and resetting her app to log in using my userID and password, so we effectively have two phones and two tablets using the same account with 2 cameras.

SSID has a name already and it can't be change. Its through my cell provider (Verizon hotspot device). I tried everything even unregistering my dash cam. I get a message saying connected to the internet but he app doesn't do anything. Some are saying this is due to having an Android 12 cell phone. U1000 apparently doesn't work with the android 12, my old phone had android 10. This is something Thinkware and all sellers to let potential buyers know before purchasing the dash cam.

Thinkware support is useless. First they tell me over the phone that its the camera. The camera is not register, then that it is. Then have me factory reset and reinstall app. Send me an updated app file. I have gone through everything. I ended up sending in to a repair shop hopefully they are able to repair it. If they can't then I will switch to Blackvue.

Both cameras work fine on both of our S21 Ultras, which are also running Android 12, so that's not the issue.
What I meant by the SSID is to activate a hotspot on your phone using the same SSID that the camera is attempting to communicate with (if the only one programmed into the camera is the Verizon hotspot, then shut it off and duplicate it on your phone.)

But it really does sound like you are trying to register the camera to a new account, and it's already registered to a different one. I fought my wife's camera for weeks trying to get it to connect before giving up and nuking her account and just putting the camera on mine.
You may need to do a factory reset to allow it to connect to your phone's hotspot, but you DO need to have the camera connect to a hotspot on the phone that is running the app. Once it's connected to the separate hotspot (we have them in our cars), you can't manipulate the camera settings in the app other than using WiFi. The only options in the app when the camera is connected to a different hotspot are downloading video, viewing live video, and seeing the location on the map.

I was just messing around with mine yesterday, removed all my other SSID/Pwds for the wi-fi.
Just follow the Youtube video using your phone as the hotspot (for now) once you get it to connect to that you can add other SSID's (Hotspots) remember they are case sensITIvE!
Also, make sure you enable NETWORK in the camera settings.

Back