Pls help: Parking vs driving mode b4k

Ussefvilla

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
My b4k (installed with a hardware parking kit) records in the same way either driving or parking. But I want it to record in normal driving mode (without timelapes) while driving and in timelapse while parking. Is this possible? If yes How can I configure it to do so?

WElcome to the forum Ussefvilla.

It sound a little as if the camera are always in parking guard mode ? ( wired wrong ) do these use a 3 wire hard wire kit or just 2 wires ?? if it is 3 wires that could be the problem.
I am not familiar with this Blueskysea model, and the other ones of theirs i tested i was not able to test parking guard.
On most cameras parking guard files, at least in regard to events go in a special folder for that, but using low bitrate for parking guard myself those are just in the regular folder with the regular footage.

You could also try to change to G-sensor parking guard, if it them are also only G- sensor while driving there are for sure something wrong here.

I will tag in a few helpers. @SawMaster
Maybe take a look at this thread. https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blueskysea-b4k-hardwiring-kit-review.43910/

I think that little switch mentioned in one of the posts you need to change its position.

Thanks a lot for ur reply. Blueskysea b4k uses a 3 wire hardware parking kit. Black wire to ground, red to constant and yellow to acc. I checked the installation over and over using a multimeter.

Now the car is in parking mode recording in timelapse 10fps but I if I turn the ignition now it shuts off and turn back on and continues shooting in timelapses. I don't think that's normal.

I don't know if it's the configuration or it just can't automatically change modes ( timelapse to normal video recording)

Attachments

• IMG_20220910_141836.jpg
    IMG_20220910_141836.jpg
    550.7 KB · Views: 4
The yellow part.

7Q030iz.jpg

Welcome to DCT. The firmware settings for the B4k would be the next place to check. The "Time-lapse" firmware setting (page 2 of settings) determines if B4K's "Normal Mode" is recorded as time lapse video. Make sure the "Time-lapse" firmware setting is set to "Off". Then check the "Parking Monitor" setting (page 1 of settings) is set to "Time-lapse". That's how I have my B4K configured and it generates normal mode video (as defined in the "Resolution" setting) and the B4K enters into parking mode and it creates time-lapse video while in parking mode.

Welcome to DCT. The firmware settings for the B4k would be the next place to check. The "Time-lapse" firmware setting (page 2 of settings) determines if B4K's "Normal Mode" is recorded as time lapse video. Make sure the "Time-lapse" firmware setting is set to "Off". Then check the "Parking Monitor" setting (page 1 of settings) is set to "Time-lapse". That's how I have my B4K configured and it generates normal mode video (as defined in the "Resolution" setting) and the B4K enters into parking mode and it creates time-lapse video while in parking mode.
Thanks a lot I will try it and tell u what happens.

Hi again, it worked perfectly. I can't believe it's a configuration problem. I feel so dump. Thank you so much for your help. Both of you.

Hi again, it worked perfectly. I can't believe it's a configuration problem. I feel so dump. Thank you so much for your help. Both of you.
I'm glad you got it working correctly.

I checked my statement in my B4K review video about the "Time-lapse" setting and I found it to be incorrect. I added a note to the video's description section to hopefully clarify that setting to viewers of my video.

Note: At 11 mins 41 seconds in the video, I stated the "Time-lapse" firmware setting was to select the number of frames per second in parking mode when the time-lapse parking mode was selected in the "Parking Monitor" setting. That statement is incorrect. The "Time-lapse" setting should only be enabled if you want the B4K normal mode recordings to be time-lapse videos. If you want regular videos for normal mode, make sure the "Time-lapse" setting is set to "Off".

I watched the whole video but unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the description. I had this dashcam for a year now and I've never known that it had a parking mode nor was I using it correctly. the technician who installed it combined both red and yellow wires and put them in one fuse. I think I'll be taking things into my own hands with the help of reliable Tech People like yourself. plus I really learned a lot in the process. Thank you so much and I'll definitely subscribe to your awsome channel.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G B4K 4
Arium B4K 5
C B4K 87
Back