A800S custom firmware?

mlb22uk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know where we can get custom firmware for the A800S to increase bitrate? I see plenty of custom A800 firmware, but not A800S? Im not sure why nobody has created it yet. I tried to alter the firmware myself but I dont understand it. Does anyone know where custom firmware exists, or can someone edit the firmware?

Thanks

Anyone know where we can get custom firmware for the A800S to increase bitrate? I see plenty of custom A800 firmware, but not A800S? Im not sure why nobody has created it yet. I tried to alter the firmware myself but I dont understand it. Does anyone know where custom firmware exists, or can someone edit the firmware?
Thanks

There is such a firmware, on the 4pda forum, user h45242 made it. Here is the list of changes:
system:
+ftp enabled
+telnet enabled

DVR:
+seat reservation for Normal increased from 58% to 75%
+Event seat reservation reduced from 22% to 11%
+Parking space reservation reduced from 13% to 7%
+bitrate 30Mb/s increased to 35Mb/s

There is such a firmware, on the 4pda forum, user h45242 made it. Here is the list of changes:
system:
+ftp enabled
+telnet enabled

DVR:
+seat reservation for Normal increased from 58% to 75%
+Event seat reservation reduced from 22% to 11%
+Parking space reservation reduced from 13% to 7%
+bitrate 30Mb/s increased to 35Mb/s

Hey

Thanks alot for this I couldn't find anything. So this definitely works on A800S?

I have a few more questions if I can. What does 'seat reservation mean? Also any idea why bitrate was only upped to 35mb? Is it possible to change it to 50? The standard bitrate for A800S seems to be 25 not 30?

Thanks

What does 'seat reservation mean?
In the standard firmware, 58% of the total memory of your card is allocated for regular video (the "Normal" folder). In this firmware, this size has been increased to 75%. That is, you will fit more than the usual video and the memory card will last longer.
Also any idea why bitrate was only upped to 35mb? Is it possible to change it to 50?
To suit everyone. The bitrate is 50 mbit/ s and the stream from the second camera can withstand your memory card? And what about heating the device itself?
The standard bitrate for A800S seems to be 25 not 30?
No, 30.
You can see this in complex scenes, such as the abundance of trees and foliage. Open your video in the VLC player, then "Tools" - "Codec Information" - "Statistics" tab. Look at the bitrate value, it is variable and does not exceed 30 mbps. If there is a value greater than 25, then you are wrong.

In the standard firmware, 58% of the total memory of your card is allocated for regular video (the "Normal" folder). In this firmware, this size has been increased to 75%. That is, you will fit more than the usual video and the memory card will last longer.

To suit everyone. The bitrate is 50 mbit/ s and the stream from the second camera can withstand your memory card? And what about heating the device itself?

No, 30.
You can see this in complex scenes, such as the abundance of trees and foliage. Open your video in the VLC player, then "Tools" - "Codec Information" - "Statistics" tab. Look at the bitrate value, it is variable and does not exceed 30 mbps. If there is a value greater than 25, then you are wrong.
Excellent thanks for explaining. And this definitely works for A800S?

Also last questions what does telnet and ftp enabled mean? To flash the custom firmware is it same method as for the regular A800?

Thank you

And this definitely works for A800S?
Yep ;)
Also last questions what does telnet and ftp enabled mean?
Telnet, FTP :confused:
To flash the custom firmware is it same method as for the regular A800?
1. Format the memory card in the DVR. The card must be formatted in FAT32.
2. Remove the memory card. The DVR will turn off.
3. Copy the contents of the archive with the firmware to the root of the memory card. The file "FW_DR 2800.bin" should appear in the root of the memory card.
4. Insert the memory card with the firmware into the DVR, DO NOT press any buttons. Insert the power cord. Use a complete charger or another at least 2 amps! Do not flash from a USB computer.!
5. The firmware process has started.
6. After the DVR turns off and turns on itself. The firmware is complete.
7. IMPORTANT! After successful firmware and the first start - remove the firmware from the memory card (you can format the card). Otherwise, it will be flashed every time you start!

Yep ;)

3. Copy the contents of the archive with the firmware to the root of the memory card. The file "FW_DR 2800.bin" should appear in the root of the memory card.
4. Insert the memory card with the firmware into the DVR, DO NOT press any buttons. Insert the power cord. Use a complete charger or another at least 2 amps! Do not flash from a USB computer.!
7. IMPORTANT! After successful firmware and the first start - remove the firmware from the memory card (you can format the card). Otherwise, it will be flashed every time you start!

Thank you! I sorted it last night, the firmware updated without any problem!

Yep ;)

Hey so I got the firmware installed but upon checking the bitrate it has only gone over 30mb once, and only to like 30050kbit. Is this normal?

Hey so I got the firmware installed but upon checking the bitrate it has only gone over 30mb once, and only to like 30050kbit. Is this normal?
Yes. The bitrate is variable.

New firmware version 1.0.13ww from user h45242:

List of changes:
Basic:
- Optimize the strategie of saving video files on SD card.
- Fix known issues.

From the author of the firmware:
- Bitrate 30Mb/s increased to 40Mb/s
- FTP enabled
- Telnet enabled
- changed addressing from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.10.0/24
- changed WiFi SSID (does not depend on the range)
- changed WiFi password to permanent

Nuance: Partial Russian localization of images when updating

Yes. The bitrate is variable.

New firmware version 1.0.13ww from user h45242:

List of changes:
Basic:
- Optimize the strategie of saving video files on SD card.
- Fix known issues.

From the author of the firmware:
- Bitrate 30Mb/s increased to 40Mb/s
- FTP enabled
- Telnet enabled
- changed addressing from 192.168.1.0/24 to 192.168.10.0/24
- changed WiFi SSID (does not depend on the range)
- changed WiFi password to permanent

Nuance: Partial Russian localization of images when updating

Hey. Thanks again for the information. What does 'partial Russian localisation of images when updating' mean? Also, does the 1.0.13ww firmware change all the storage changes back to normal? If so why has he done that? thank you

Last edited:
Hey. Thanks again for the information. What does 'partial Russian localisation of images when updating' mean? Also, does the 1.0.13ww firmware change all the storage changes back to normal? If so why has he done that? thank you
This means that the images during the update are in Russian. But you will see it only at the next firmware update.. Why he did that, I do not know.

This means that the images during the update are in Russian. But you will see it only at the next firmware update.. Why he did that, I do not know.
I see. I thought it was that as the language was russian but I managed to sort it. When I put the firmware on the memory card, the camera updated. Is it normal for the app to say there is an update and the app needs updating aswell?

is there some example footages about using Custom firmware vs Official firmware? about the quality and features

Firmware version 1.0.13ww to install it comes out all the text in Russian and it is impossible for me to properly initialize the camera, I had to install version 1.0.12ww if it comes out in English. any solution to the language problem in version 1.0.13ww? Congratulations to the creator of the firmware, thanks a greeting.

I have also thought that it would be possible to modify /etc/network/interfaces to make it a wifi client and not an access point? Nowadays many cars have internet connection so you could connect the camera to the Access Point of the car and send notifications of events to telegram and be able to see in real time streaming images from the cameras.

is there the ABILITY to TURN OFF the 70mai Logo watermark and the date in this custom firmware?

Attachments

• A800S CAPTURE.jpg
    A800S CAPTURE.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 33
Firmware version 1.0.13ww to install it comes out all the text in Russian and it is impossible for me to properly initialize the camera, I had to install version 1.0.12ww if it comes out in English. any solution to the language problem in version 1.0.13ww? Congratulations to the creator of the firmware, thanks a greeting.
I managed to put it in english version 13 :)

I'm working on it, I've already connected by ftp and telnet. I am developing a project with a banana pi zero w the banana pi has an accelerometer detects blows or movements and turns on the 70mai then the videos are downloaded by ftp and it sends me to my Telegram channel the warning the g force of the blow and the video of the front and rear camera. I'll look to remove the logo but I think it's done in the .txt file at the root of the micro SD

I'm working on it, I've already connected by ftp and telnet. I am developing a project with a banana pi zero w the banana pi has an accelerometer detects blows or movements and turns on the 70mai then the videos are downloaded by ftp and it sends me to my Telegram channel the warning the g force of the blow and the video of the front and rear camera. I'll look to remove the logo but I think it's done in the .txt file at the root of the micro SD
i have put the 'userconfig' text file at the root of the sd card and it is still impossible to remove the 70mai logo and date. it seems to be remvode only from the firmware file

Back