Is mobius still the king of dash cams?

Perhaps the goal was to keep it at that price?
Well, you have to see the price range of the mini (pretty close, slightly lower) and the maxi 2.7 (slightly higher)....not much rooom, it would not make sense to price it above the Maxi 2.7.

Wait, hang on, the 1s is the new Mobius we've been waiting for?!

1440p resolution only? But there's a 4k model out already (maxi)

So why would u get the 1s instead of either versions of the maxi?

So why would u get the 1s instead of either versions of the maxi?

The Maxi has some significant unresolved issues that Mobius hasn't been willing to address. Many of us are hoping for a better experience with the 2K M1S and the original M1 form factor is also a strong appeal. It remains to be seen how the M1S will perform.

Last edited:
The Maxi has some significant unresolved issues that Mobius hasn't been willing to address. Many of us are hoping for a better experience with the 2K M1S and the original M1 form factor is also a strong appeal. It remains to be seen how the M1S will perform.
Ok thx.
So does anyway who has the 1s advise how reliable it is for use as a dashcam and is it a significant improvement over the mobius 1?

Ok thx.
So does anyway who has the 1s advise how reliable it is for use as a dashcam and is it a significant improvement over the mobius 1?

The Mobius 1s was only just released. No one here has reported owning one yet. There has been a report from another source that it gets unusually hot but we won't really know until someone on DCT gets their hands on one and can evaluate how it performs as a dash cam. If it really does get very hot, this could be a deal breaker for dash cam use and the M1s may only prove useful as a FPV drone cam.

I bought an M1S last week. So far, it does not seem to run any hotter than the original M1, at least at 1440p30 which is how I will be using it.

Pushing it to 1440p60 as Tom Frank reported on RCG seems to result in high temperatures which are not at all suitable for dashcam application, and it's not ideal for our use at 60fps anyway.

I bought an M1S last week. So far, it does not seem to run any hotter than the original M1, at least at 1440p30 which is how I will be using it.

Pushing it to 1440p60 as Tom Frank reported on RCG seems to result in high temperatures which are not at all suitable for dashcam application, and it's not ideal for our use at 60fps anyway.
ok but isn't 60fps preferred on dashcams as when you are going at speed you can more easily see number plates without it being a blurry mess?
Can the heat problem not be mitigated by adding a heat sink or something?

Interesting. I ordered an M1S too but it has yet to arrive. I also ordered a 20mm x 20mm x 10mm black anodized heat sink which is exactly the right size to fit over the existing heat sink. It will be interesting to experiment with but perhaps it won't be needed at all.

Interesting. I ordered an M1S too but it has yet to arrive. I also ordered a 20mm x 20mm x 10mm black anodized heat sink which is exactly the right size to fit over the existing heat sink. It will be interesting to experiment with but perhaps it won't be needed at all.
I have a few spare of the heatsinks that come with the MM4K capacitor-version, which wrap around the camera and mount. It fits an M1S as well.

I can send you one if you are interested, but I doubt you will need it.

1670853452694.png

I have a few spare of the heatsinks that come with the MM4K capacitor-version, which wrap around the camera and mount. It fits an M1S as well.

View attachment 63072

Thanks! We'll see. I could send you a couple of spiky ones when they arrive!

View attachment 63072
Another quick one, it appears that the M1S is only sold with an A2 lens at the moment. Presumably the C2 lens from the M1 will also work fine?

Another quick one, it appears that the M1S is only sold with an A2 lens at the moment. Presumably the C2 lens from the M1 will also work fine?
The C2 lens does work. I installed one in my M1S.

If you can wait, it seems a C2 version will become available.

1670856777114.png

ok cool thx
Also I wonder if they have done anything to mitigate against EMF interference, My current Mobius 1, in the back of my car interferes badly with DAB reception, I am now experimenting with wrapping it in copper tape which seems to be helping somewhat.

I have my mobius since 2013, so I've been using it for 10(!!) years in 3 different cars.
It still works perfectly. Just two batteries that were swollen in this time, so I went back to the supercap.
Money well spent.

I have my mobius since 2013, so I've been using it for 10(!!) years in 3 different cars.
It still works perfectly. Just two batteries that were swollen in this time, so I went back to the supercap.
Money well spent.

Same here! However, I am thinking of retiring it after watching some recent footage and how poor quality it looks compared to other dash cams. Otherwise, it has been almost always reliable (except for the few weeks it randomly decided to stop working, but then it started right back up again).

Back