English Manual: Constant power supply (battery discharge prevention) device, MS Multi Safer

January 2016 EDIT:

"Multi Safer" is now labeled "FS "FINE Safer S"
(but it's from the same factory)
lHikglh.png

Updated (same) instructions:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e31bzha4d4ytctq/FINESaferS_EN-manual.pdf?dl=0

EDIT: We now stock this for the Panorama and other supported Parking Mode Motion Cams
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/accessories/panobdp-hard-wire-kit.html
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00JFUU87Ghttps://www.ebay.com/itm/321493757798
By the way, pressing the button changes from
ACC(switched) LED = red
to
BAT (un-switched/constant) LED = blue

If you switch to acc while the car is turned off, it won't allow you to switch back unless you start the car.

hMZtvk2.png

For anyone interested in learning more about Battery Discharge Prevention in general check out this article.
http://dashcamtalk.com/battery-discharge-prevention/

Last edited:
Interesting! Nice retrofit option idea here.

There's a few of these universal type devices on the market, majority of cameras still use batteries so parking mode needs to be used with caution with those types of camera

Does anyone know what this means?
upload_2014-4-23_20-43-31.png
I know it's in english
But it seems to me, either :
a. English written by a Korean or
b. Korean translated directly into English.

When what's required is English written by someone with a better understanding of English

Secondly

What does Switch 4 do?
upload_2014-4-23_20-51-0.png

thanks
david

There's a few of these universal type devices on the market, majority of cameras still use batteries so parking mode needs to be used with caution with those types of camera

With caution? Why and how..?

With caution? Why and how..?

powering a camera constantly that uses a lithium battery when parked in hot sun carries inherent risks due the nature of lithium batteries, heat is not good for them, powering them constantly while above their safe operating temp is worse again, a locked car parked out in the open during summer will easily exceed the safe operating temperature limits of the battery

Is it safe to leave the cam in a locked car all day in the Sun if the cam is off?
Concerned the battery might catch fire or explode.

Mini 0801/03

Is it safe to leave the cam in a locked car all day in the Sun if the cam is off?
Concerned the battery might catch fire or explode.

Mini 0801/03

Check @jokiin replay above.

It's better if the camera is off, but still risky. If you open the door and get a waft of hot air, you should really be taking the camera out of the car.
I use a reflective sun-visor and tuck it between the camera and glass (so the camera is in the shadow of the visor). But I also crack the front windows down a notch for airflow. The camera stays nice and cool, even in hot Australian summer.

It's better if the camera is off, but still risky. If you open the door and get a waft of hot air, you should really be taking the camera out of the car.
I use a reflective sun-visor and tuck it between the camera and glass (so the camera is in the shadow of the visor). But I also crack the front windows down a notch for airflow. The camera stays nice and cool, even in hot Australian summer.

Although I'm in the UK and the Sun is no where as strong as it is in Australia, I'm still concerned about the battery overheating.
I will remove the cam during hot sunny days but don't know how long the mount will last by doing this as it seems fairly weak as it is.

reflective sun-visor good idea.

There is a way to set it like to shut the camera off when the IGN is off (like when I don't want to use it but still want to connect it for future use)

Yeah if you just hold down the power/record button on the camera it will shut down, even with a power source. Once the power is restored (or interrupted) it'll boot back on.
Or if you purchase a different BDP device like a Lukas LK-290 unit, they have a physical power switch on them to manually kill power to the camera.

Is it just me or is this information really confusing due to translation?

The timer if not set to infinity is active only when the car is not running right? What information is it that the lights on the unit provide? What does the button do?

Does it use any power when just the camera cable is attached? Is there any reason not to use the highest voltage cutoff?

Is it just me or is this information really confusing due to translation?

The timer if not set to infinity is active only when the car is not running right? What information is it that the lights on the unit provide? What does the button do?

Does it use any power when just the camera cable is attached? Is there any reason not to use the highest voltage cutoff?

I think the button toggles between Constant Power and Accessory power. I haven't installed my unit yet, so I can't say how the LED/s behave in each mode.

Hello, do you think that I would need this to permanently connect a GPS tracker (that sens car position) to the battery to avoid discharge ?

Thanks.

Hello, do you think that I would need this to permanently connect a GPS tracker (that sens car position) to the battery to avoid discharge ?

Thanks.

Please clarify, do you intend to keep your GPS running while the car ignition is off and/or the car is parked? For "our" dashcam application, we want it to stay on and in motion detection mode while we're parked so we can record any mischief.

Hello,

Thank you, and yes, GPS TRACKER has shock and motion alarm: if the car moves I will get a SMS, so the GPS needs to be ON all the time, and sometimes the car doesn't move for 1 or 2 weeks.

So this device will avoid that the battery voltage gos too low it seems ?

Thanks a lot.

Back