FineVu CR-2000G (Built-in GPS) WDR 2Ch FullHD + FullHD / 30Fps

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Today released "new" model Finevu CR-2000G. ( GPS )

It's updated model of CR-2000S,
Added built-in GPS, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) / LDSW ( Lane Departure System Warning )

Price is crazy 485usd

Source NAVINSIDE

499000 Won.jpg

00.jpg

03_2.jpg

03_3.jpg

04_1.jpg

04_3.jpg

14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
X 2 on "Price is crazy " when taxes and import duties is added here, that will ( guesstimated ) ammount to 550 or more USD :(

I can get a M5 for 416 USD in Germany when it is released, granted i think the GPS is optional on the M5 but i am sure it wont cost +100 USD.

X 2 on "Price is crazy " when taxes and import duties is added here, that will ( guesstimated ) ammount to 550 or more USD :(

I can get a M5 for 416 USD in Germany when it is released, granted i think the GPS is optional on the M5 but i am sure it wont cost +100 USD.

OK, lets say Marcus 5 will cost around 450usd ( incl gps etc. ), but my opinion is thats not a such a big deal ( price-deal ) between 450 vs 550 usd. It's only a 100usd. Most important is : how good is FInevu and is it better than M5 for this price ?
Sony Exmor CMOS has been proven to be very reliable high-end sensor and it's a big advantage of Finevu. Not sure yet how good will be M5 picture if judging by some ( many? ) issues of M3.
Also there is a form-factor involved. OK, let's guess that M5 and Finevu will perform at same level, has same good video day and night, but only by form-factor I would go with FInevu ( my personal opinion ), because GPS antenna is built in ( 1 less cable ), also CPL filter is almost twice less in size than M5, and last think is mounting solution which is on FInevu allows much closer mount to the windshield.
I think for those people who already have 450usd to spend on M5 and they see that Finevu is better "looking" package deal, - they mostly would not mind paying 100usd more for better looking, - ( about design and look it is my personal opinion and it may vary depending on each person individually ).
Yes, 100 usd is big money if comes to chosing between 50 vs 150 usd, but if between 450 vs 550 usd, - then ( I think ) those 100 usd are not such a big value. Most important to know if those 100 usd will give better dashcam performance or not and even if they are with same performance, then many people will be paying 100 usd more just because of more practical design solutions.

Now bad news: 5 month ago Finevu CR-2000S was launched, but it still have not got big popularity in Korea. Why ? , - same issue like most other Ambarella A7 developers have right now, - A7 is too "fussy" and need some time to polish-up.

Hopefully their new model CR-2000G ( GPS ) has sorted out those issues which exist in previous model, but this only time will tell, we can only hope. Also we can only hope that Marcus 5 will be with no bugs.

Yeah Integrated GPS antenna is a big + to me, the external antenna of the Markus cameras ruin everything, allso when it comes to the markus cameras i do not like the huge bracket that carry the CPL filter, so i would never use that if i should get a Markus camera.

Dont even use CPL on my lukas camera, i do nok look at the footage for long time so what ever reflections may be in the footage i dont care. ( unless the reflections completely ruin the footage, but so far i have not experienced that on any dashcam )

As a lukas owner i allso like the Sony Exmor CMOS, i am not hardcore enuff to say how a CMOS like the Aptina 0331 stack up against the sony, but i do hope the sony chips get outgunned by a large margin soon as its the only route i can see to better dashcams.

When it come to prize i hope there will be 1 or more sellers in EU, and i would prefer in countries with lower salex tax than the 25% we have here.

When it come to the A7, i am a Little confused, dident gopro use that too, if they did then the dashcam makers should be able to get somthing good out of it too.

I have been following the CR 2000s on youtube, and you are right not that much footage have popped up in 5 months.

I allso assume the M5 can benefit from the lessons learned on the M3, but then Again it is allso a dual cam setup and i assume that add yet another can of Worms to the mix.

They need to fix that A7 before our friend at Guardtrack start to Work on his A7 model ;)

Whatever the features and price I wish they would get rid of the chrome and orange rings around the lens, at least for the Western markets. Same with the Marcus line with their orange and white lettering and blue, green and red rings.

Yeah that will have to get a Little ghetto camoflage :D same with the brand name on the Marcus cameras.

Myself i would proberly take it apart and spray paint the Whole thing, but many ppl can or will not do that and would feel bad just covering the areas with a Black marker.

I just wondered, in the RC hobby you can get "skins" to your transmitter and so on, its really just stickers you put on with the grafix you like.
Maybe some one could make discreete stickers to the dashcams who need a treatment like that.

The whole idea that anyone needs to alter a 450-550 dollar camera that is essentially designed to be small and discreet in the first place just makes me mad. :mad:

I agree.

But if there is no alternatives its that or nothing at all, and in the mean time we can only pray the makers of dashcams will listen to the hopefully growing western markeds.

I curse myself that i am so anal about some things, i care about how the inside of my computer look and if there is just a Little too much cable to be seen, or the watercooling tubes run i pairs.
All this while my apartment look wierd as i still after almost 3 years have most of my stuff in moving boxes and things are just trown here and there.

And when i am working i make A grade Work in half the time my Fellow workers make C grade witch is actually good enuff to sell and have no one complain.

And when i do make a mistake at work, why do i punch out on the clock to fix my mistakes on my own time, when the rest of the World shrug ther sholders and move on and claim mony for fixing ther own mistakes.

And ppl call me insane :rolleyes::D

Yeah Integrated GPS antenna is a big + to me, the external antenna of the Markus cameras ruin everything, allso when it comes to the markus cameras i do not like the huge bracket that carry the CPL filter, so i would never use that if i should get a Markus camera.

Dont even use CPL on my lukas camera, i do nok look at the footage for long time so what ever reflections may be in the footage i dont care. ( unless the reflections completely ruin the footage, but so far i have not experienced that on any dashcam )

As a lukas owner i allso like the Sony Exmor CMOS, i am not hardcore enuff to say how a CMOS like the Aptina 0331 stack up against the sony, but i do hope the sony chips get outgunned by a large margin soon as its the only route i can see to better dashcams.

When it come to prize i hope there will be 1 or more sellers in EU, and i would prefer in countries with lower salex tax than the 25% we have here.

When it come to the A7, i am a Little confused, dident gopro use that too, if they did then the dashcam makers should be able to get somthing good out of it too.

I have been following the CR 2000s on youtube, and you are right not that much footage have popped up in 5 months.

I allso assume the M5 can benefit from the lessons learned on the M3, but then Again it is allso a dual cam setup and i assume that add yet another can of Worms to the mix.

They need to fix that A7 before our friend at Guardtrack start to Work on his A7 model ;)

In some way I do support idea of external GPS, because in theory it's more stable and more practical, allowing to have bigger module and mount away from main unit, especially CMOS sensor, this way reducing interference. In practice I did't see GPS interference on those dashcams with built in GPS, but you never know when it can happen. So, for built in gps there are two sides: one is aesthetic ( look ) and other is practical. For me personally GPS or no GPS is not a big deal any more long time. Speed of the car can be calculated from video footage anyway. But for some people they want to see route they drive, so maybe for them gps is important.
About design of bracket mount on VIco, - yes, here they could work on more practical solutions. And huge CPL filter "excuse" ( explanation ) is probably because of 1296p FOV, - thats why they need such a huge ( gigantic ) CPL.
Bottom line is: no matter how nice looking, or more practical looking is Finevu, - if it can not deliver good video quality and stable performance, then there is no point of competing, especially in such a huge price range. Yes, A7 is hard to work with, but I have a feeling that Vico will be much quicker to resolve A7 related issues and their support has been way better than Finevu.
Anyway, it's early to make conclusions. We will see what people say after M5 and CR-2000G release, only then can make conclusions.

The whole idea that anyone needs to alter a 450-550 dollar camera that is essentially designed to be small and discreet in the first place just makes me mad. :mad:

You right. For this money ( even for much less price ) we soon can get 2ch 1080p/30 remote lens system.

Added built-in GPS, advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) / LDSW ( Lane Departure System Warning )

Price is crazy 485usd

Price is crazy 485usd

OMG!!! Now is 613USD !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
now 320 usd from Shelley 32Gb version.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an english datasheet for this camera? Any Korean language speakers? :) I need to verify parking mode and motion detection abilities. Thanks!

Anyone got the english firmware? Plz?

Back