GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

I don't think that we'll be "testers" since jokiin and his team are doing this stuff and they wont release it till it's perfect :D

Well I'd love to have everything perfect on release, I'm not sure that's possible, as long as the hardware is sorted though, firmware we can continue to work on

Well I'd love to have everything perfect on release, I'm not sure that's possible, as long as the hardware is sorted though, firmware we can continue to work on

I'm sure this is not going to be another "Duke Nukem Forever" (which was finally released after fifteen years of development!!!) ;)

It'll be ready when it's ready. I just hope I can scratch together enough money to take advantage of any generous offers @jokiin has for us forumers when it's released for sale.

I'm a bit confused as to where the GT2S is positioned relating to the existing GT75S. I saw earlier comments from jokiin that the "7 series" had more processing power and could do voice, but I don't see that in the features list. The two product lines look very similar - what's the positioning on the GT2S?

7 series would be more of an enthusiast type product, 2 series is aimed at fleet and commercial markets

Thanks. Unfortunately, your web site doesn't provide information such as dimensions or comparisons. The Downloads page has no links to manuals or anything else. Is the 7 series also a future product? What are the size and functional differences between the GT2S and GT75S?

Thanks. Unfortunately, your web site doesn't provide information such as dimensions or comparisons. The Downloads page has no links to manuals or anything else. Is the 7 series also a future product? What are the size and functional differences between the GT2S and GT75S?

not released yet, the info will be added prior to availability

size wise they are identical, you can get an idea of the physical dimensions here http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/size-matters.3679/

7 series has functionality over and above what the 2 series can do, that's all chipset dependant, while delays are frustrating it does also mean there will be some more things we'll be able to do in the 7 series product that weren't possible when they were first spec'd due to some improvements in the SDK and some other hardware that has been released since that we're looking to take advantage of, more about that once we're closer to release

I see - thanks. I had thought you had existing products on the market and the GT2S was a new one. I suggest you add a note to the various product pages saying where they are in the release cycle. In no way am I trying to rush you, but I am trying to decide what I'd like to buy when it becomes available.

I see - thanks. I had thought you had existing products on the market and the GT2S was a new one. I suggest you add a note to the various product pages saying where they are in the release cycle. In no way am I trying to rush you, but I am trying to decide what I'd like to buy when it becomes available.

Appreciate that, have been trying to pin down a release date but have had some issues crop up that have slowed things down so have avoided mentioning any dates until we can be sure everything is sorted, outside of this forum I don't think too many people would even be aware of the product so it's still a small group of people that know about it at this stage

Having a camera is better than not, an unfortunate reality of the world we live in, if you're looking to get something now there's still lots of great options available, have a browse through the various sections here, lots of reading on the various models, there's pretty much something for everyone

I have a camera now - Blackvue DR400HD. It works, mostly, but isn't reliable. One time recently I wanted to look at a recording but it had inexplicably stopped recording several days prior. Ah well...

Ok, replacement time, understand, you're obviously an early adopter as the cameras are still very much a minority in the USA

yeah the blackvue's are crap, I have had a couple over a couple of years, useless. with the hacked firmware they are a bit better.

I had a Fuho CDR-E05 but it would pretty consistently stop recording soon after it filled the card and was meant to start overwriting older files. Admittedly that was more likely to be an SD card that wasn't quite keeping up. But the unit also had a fold down screen that stopped working so I couldn't make any menu changes.

Jokiin, sorry to have to advise you that I ended up ordering the PanoramaII S for myself and an elderly friend of mine. I got the same so that I can best support her with her unit.

I will be keeping an eye on your unit and see if my retailer friend will be interested in getting involved with it too.
And more importantly, when you've got a multi-channel unit out I'll be in line for upgrading......

No need to apologise, the Panorama's are great cameras

There's some dual camera models in our product roadmap, maybe later this year for those

Jeez you're quick!

I'll be watching on intently. Later this year might even be too soon. I'm also watching the other thread about discrete multi-channel units. Further along in your roadmap no doubt, but I think that's where I'll be aiming for with my next purchase.

Jeez you're quick!

I'll be watching on intently. Later this year might even be too soon. I'm also watching the other thread about discrete multi-channel units. Further along in your roadmap no doubt, but I think that's where I'll be aiming for with my next purchase.

actually we originally planned a dual channel unit that used our existing front cam setup and a remote rear but there's a problem with the chipset that's used for the remote cam in this type of setup which we've been unable to solve, if we don't get it sorted then the dual cam product may just become a dual remote cam version with hideaway main box for the electronics, have to wait and see how that pans out

The latter option is my preference indeed.
It will probably be no less expensive, but opens up a whole lot more options, features and much less limitations with size and packaging. Allowing greater processing and storage capabilities.
I also believe those that are fair dinkum serious about it would lean that way too.
Looking forward to seeing it develop.
Meanwhile, we should probably keep this thread on the topic of GT2S. (Feel free to start new topics on other models when you're ready!.......)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back