"Could not find the blackvue" after updating from Korean to English ?

vxworks.jin

Reaction score
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Hi,

I bought DR500GW from Korea and GPS didn't work in Australia so got help from this forum but another issue poped up.

I have updated DR500GW from Korean to English (v2.002) by removing files in /mnt/nand and it works except wifi viewer app.

Iphone wifi viewer app can't connect to the DR500GW. It's saying "Could not find the blackvue" after updating from Korea to English.

WIFI and SSH is still working fine.

Any idea ?

Thanks,
Jin

I rang Pittasoft today to ask why DR500GW's and DR550GW's GPS are not working in other countries.

Pittasoft: "local and international products are different"
me : HW difference ? what's the difference ?
Pittasoft : do not need to answer that question to customers
me : (w.t.f) what's the solution ?
Pittasoft : you should buy an international product if you want to use it in different country.
Pittasoft disabled GPS on local product intentionally if it is out of Korea.
me : I am a Korean and want to use Korean with you product in other country. Is there any way ?
Pittasoft : No
me : I want to get refund it.
me: why ?
Pittasoft : Pittasoft can't refund it based on refund policy.
me: (w.t.f) what is your refund policy.
Pittasoft : Faulty in functionality (*&*&%&%(....
me: Bull****.. it's not working now. Pittasoft has not mentioned about this case at all and can't fix it.
Pittasoft : Send the item and will refund it but customer pay for the delivery.

Last edited:
For the life of me I still can't work out why people keep buying their product
I did from reading amazon reviews and watching youtube reviews. they seemed ok and had great features. I wanted a 2channel set up and i really like the cylinder design.

This is off topic but with the 550gw 2ch can it operate and record with JUST the front camera?

The original one i had that i had to return sometimes would also say cannot find blackvue but restarting it fixed it. The rear camera a few times also would be unviewable with bright yellow and blue colors masking the picture, it was only ever the rear camera. The camera had problems every single day from day 1. My replacement has been working perfectly so far other then shutting off from what i assume was extreme heat when i left my car in the sun for too long with the camera running.

Although its only been 4 days so far. Still 4 days longer without freezing or having connection issues then the first one i got tho, if i start having issues i will send it back and swear off pittasoft.

to be fair you can find good reviews on Amazon for the DVR-207 as well, I think that says something
Heh yea, techmoan was who convinced me to get the blackvue, but i didnt consider long term reliability stupidly. I do really like the wifi feature, it actually has been useful remotely monitoring my car from inside my work.

I rang Pittasoft today to ask why DR500GW's and DR550GW's GPS are not working in other countries.

Pittasoft: "local and international products are different"
me : HW difference ? what's the difference ?
Pittasoft : do not need to answer that question to customers
me : (w.t.f) what's the solution ?
Pittasoft : you should buy an international product if you want to use it in different country.
Pittasoft disabled GPS on local product intentionally if it is out of Korea.
me : I am a Korean and want to use Korean with you product in other country. Is there any way ?
me : I want to get refund it.
me: why ?
Pittasoft : Pittasoft can't refund it based on refund policy.
me: (w.t.f) is your refund policy.
Pittasoft : Faulty in functionality (*&*&%&%(....
me: Bull****.. it's not working now. Pittasoft has not mentioned about this case at all and can't fix it.
Pittasoft : Send the item and will refund it but customer pay for the delivery.

I have questions,

1. As pittasoft already sell products worldwide, upgrading the setting/FW to English is it difficult?
2. Why did they not recommend customer for a replacement instead of refund? Send the camera back and get an English version one, both happy, why not?

I have questions,

1. As pittasoft already sell products worldwide, upgrading the setting/FW to English is it difficult?
2. Why did they not recommend customer for a replacement instead of refund? Send the camera back and get an English version one, both happy, why not?

The answer is simple. They want to protect their authorised reseller and make more money.

They consider they are big company, do not care individual customer, they are wrong in nowadays.
They may not know the world has been changed to be online community, any not good services will be shared.

Just asked for refund!

If you had followed the instructions on how to change the language in this forum it would have worked. Lots of us have done it that way and it works.

Gps works anywhere Mine was done in Australia and has been working perfectly through a 7000km trip around the perimeter of the USA Did you change the time zone to let it reorient itself.

Its not the camera thats the problem Its what you did wrong I would say

As far as heat problems causing trouble I must have bought a good one as it was so hot in Arizona yesterday the edge of the rubber sucker on my Garmin GPS melted onto the glass.

The DR 500 kept recording all day perfectly Outside temp was 105F+.

If you had followed the instructions on how to change the language in this forum it would have worked. Lots of us have done it that way and it works.

Gps works anywhere Mine was done in Australia and has been working perfectly through a 7000km trip around the perimeter of the USA Did you change the time zone to let it reorient itself.

Its not the camera thats the problem Its what you did wrong I would say

As far as heat problems causing trouble I must have bought a good one as it was so hot in Arizona yesterday the edge of the rubber sucker on my Garmin GPS melted onto the glass.

The DR 500 kept recording all day perfectly Outside temp was 105F+.

You missed the point.
I updated firmware to English version successfully and GPS is working but the issue is that viewer app on iphone is unable to connect even wifi connection is ok. It worked on Korean firmware.

I have the exact same issue when I updated from Chinese version to English using the telnet method. But later solved by doing the following:
1. SSH the cam and remove files in /mnt/nand again. (Telnet is no longer working)
2. install the English firmware 1.007E. Test the App Wifi connection(mine worked again)
3. upgrade from 1.007E to 2.002E. Test the App wifi connection(still working)

hope this helps.

How do you ssh to the cam? The port 22 is not open on the blaclvue.

Back