DR550GW - Custom Firmware 1.2 - Date and Time Issue

Saj

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR550GW
Hi guys, got my DR550 all set up and recording and with the custom firmware 1.2 thanks to car-dvr.info!

Only problem is the time and date stamped on the videos, is all wrong and cannot get my head around how to amend it.

See below my current setting, bear in mind I live in England, so would set it to Europe/London, but the time is still wrong, way out in fact:

Screenshot_2014_05_15_17_47_33.png

Screenshot_2014_05_15_17_47_39.png

Screenshot_2014_05_15_17_47_21.png

Screenshot_2014_05_15_17_47_52.png

Not sure what exactly I need to do to atleast the time and date right, any ideas?

It looks like the system date is used in the stamp?

Yes I changed it to London and still it was wrong, but your instructions were perfect:

"Delete the contents of the system folder & the record folder.
In the custom fw interface set the Hardware time to GMT.
Then set the timezone to your local timezone (in the blackvue app)... then reboot the cam.

Then you'll need to wait for a GPS location to update it correctly."

Thanks !!!!

Hi guys, got my DR550 all set up and recording and with the custom firmware 1.2 thanks to car-dvr.info!

Only problem is the time and date stamped on the videos, is all wrong and cannot get my head around how to amend it.

See below my current setting, bear in mind I live in England, so would set it to Europe/London, but the time is still wrong, way out in fact:

Screenshot_2014_05_15_17_47_21.png

Not sure what exactly I need to do to atleast the time and date right, any ideas?

It looks like the system date is used in the stamp?

sorry didn't mean to hijack. just a sort of thanks for posting that pic with the "Set HW Time"

because i don't have this option to set HW time on firmware 1.0. i was looking everywhere for this and now i know what it looks like. so thanks:)

i guess there is not another way to change the HW time on CFW 1.0

errr, it's exactly the same on all versions!!

I had (perhaps incorrectly) made the assumption you knew that you need to access the custom firmware interface instead of using the app?? (it is in the instructions for the custom firmware).

So connect to your camera via wifi, and enter 192.168.8.1 in internet explorer - the set HW time is on the very front page once it has loaded.

errr, it's exactly the same on all versions!!

I had (perhaps incorrectly) made the assumption you knew that you need to access the custom firmware interface instead of using the app?? (it is in the instructions for the custom firmware).

So connect to your camera via wifi, and enter 192.168.8.1 in internet explorer - the set HW time is on the very front page once it has loaded.

here i can not find the "set HW time"
even in settings menu

rlhulk.jpg

Maybe it is CFW 1.1 +

If you read through the main custom firmware thread you'll see a section fairly early on with me complaining about the time settings :D
at that time I was on version 1 and the button was there. :eek:

edit, I must apologise, on reading through my old posts it seems I went straight to version 1.1.
So I assume thats where it must have appeared.
So... upgrade ;) lol

Last edited:
Thanks for this I'll have to give this a try. Didn't realize I could connect via browser but I do have a question can I do this on the standard firmwrae?

Thanks, I really want to get the time / date right. Haven't figured it out yet

So I pulled the SD card from the unit today and viewed it on a PC using the blackview 2.22 sofware and confirmed I am using 2.001-550GW-E Frimware. I looked at the GPS (mapview) and it has me in the right location but the time/date is off. I have the timezone set to America/los angeles-pacific which is where I am located. In the config.ini the Timezone is set to 126. But the time is still incorrect.

Is 126 the correct value in the config?

Any Thoughts?

How do we find out what number is for what time zone?
I'm in Sydney AustraliaAustralia

So I pulled the SD card from the unit today and viewed it on a PC using the blackview 2.22 sofware and confirmed I am using 2.001-550GW-E Frimware. I looked at the GPS (mapview) and it has me in the right location but the time/date is off. I have the timezone set to America/los angeles-pacific which is where I am located. In the config.ini the Timezone is set to 126. But the time is still incorrect.

Is 126 the correct value in the config?

Any Thoughts?

Update. Firmware 2.002 seems to have fixed the date issue for me!!!!

Is it easy to open the case to change the battery? I'll have to Google that to see if it is something I can do.

Back