2ch Sony Exmor 1080p/30fps + 720p/30fps GPS BlackSys CF-100

I have had dashcams with and without an LCD screen. IMHO, a screen is not necessary and you will most likely never use it. My CF-100 has been ultra reliable and if the record light is on, it is recording and I trust it. I am using a dash cam as intended now, install it and forget about it. Every once in awhile if I record something good, I will pull the card out and put it on youtube. Otherwise, it is just part of the car and I pay it no mind and it is just there to be my witness in the event of a collision. You could do separate cameras on the cheap but the CF-100 is a pretty polished kit.
Thanks. I had only one camera (a fake K2000) and got accustomed to a little LCD. To me it's an easy way to see if recorder works and everything goes smoothly.
Anyway, would you recommend something else?
How about DABONDA MIRACLE DBM-4000F
https://www.ebay.com/itm/261423521115According to reviews it's a pretty good cam, but I still not sure if I want to sacrifice picture quality of the CF-100 for a Dabonda's LCD.

I have CF-100 since sept 2013. For FullHD - HD its a good dashcam. Very simple to use. Does what what its meant to do. Advantage is that its based on supercaps and have 24/7 parking mode with 10 sec buffer.
If need, can connect to external display via AV out.
I don't really need a parking mode, but like I said above, unless some one would recommend something else with better picture and LCD, I'm going with CF-100. For now I see no better option for $200, even though I can spend up to $300.
Thanks to everyone.

Thanks. I had only one camera (a fake K2000) and got accustomed to a little LCD. To me it's an easy way to see if recorder works and everything goes smoothly.
Anyway, would you recommend something else?
How about DABONDA MIRACLE DBM-4000F
https://www.ebay.com/itm/261423521115According to reviews it's a pretty good cam, but I still not sure if I want to sacrifice picture quality of the CF-100 for a Dabonda's LCD.
Dabonda is too pricy.

Running a 2ch setup is nice because it is only one memory card and one power supply to deal with. I have mine wired to the fuse box with a control switch box/car battery discharge protector I got from BlackVue. This way I can decide if i want to leave the camera on when parking in sketchy areas.

For your first dashcam and at $200, the CF-100 will work well for you. The vendor continues to release new firmware updates and I have received timely email responses from their sales/support person.

Ojocam has shipped both my orders quickly.

I would not call the front camera stealthy but I painted over the white lettering on the front. Now what to do to dull the chrome bezel...
I nave a 2 years old car, but I guess it's was the "unluckiest" car on the dealer's. Withing 2 years I had 3 accidents and one brake in (some f..g moron smashed my side window, damaged my windshield and dash and stole $100 radar), so I prefer not to leave anything in my car now and even modified my radar mount so it can be removed/installed literally in 3-5 sec.
I'm planning to hide the rear camera and modify front camera's original mount so it can be disconnected and removed very quick and easy.

Last edited:
Dabonda is too pricy.
Dabonda is just $35 more than CF-100. I would gladly pay that $$ for an LCD, only if Dabonda would match CF-100 in quality.
Any opinions on its picture quality vs CF-100?

Last edited:
Dabonda is just $35 more than CF-100. I would gladly pay that $$ for an LCD, only if Dabonda would match CF-100 in quality.
Any opinions on its picture quality vs CF-100?

Nevet had dabonda, but was able to see raw files and for me video looked similar quality as cf-100 however true answer can say only after side by side comparison tests.

I know Lukas came out with the 9700 duo 2ch system but does anyone know if there are similar cams for sale at a lower price? I like the CF-100 but it lacks the LCD screen.

Both GPS and non-GPS is $199, so make sure you get the one with the GPS. ;)
I's exactly what I've ordered a few days ago!
Thanks everyone.
Now I want to see if I can use my in dash LCD as an external screen...

I's exactly what I've ordered a few days ago!
Thanks everyone.
Now I want to see if I can use my in dash LCD as an external screen...
I have tested in my car last year with headunit AUX IN, works perfectly. Most important is to get correct pin AV cable ( video cable ).

I have tested in my car last year with headunit AUX IN, works perfectly. Most important is to get correct pin AV cable ( video cable ).
I have a simple OEM touch screen radio, not a DVD player, but it can be "mickey moused" and can be used as an external screen for TV tuners or DVD players. I'm trying to clarify what exactly need to be done for that, but apparently it can be done.
The OEM HU has 3.5 input jack, but looks like it does not support video, but there are pins for back up camera on the back which can be hooked up to RCA connectors and used for the video.
Any recommendations on the cable? Does it has to be a certain model or any 3.5mm A/V jack to RCA video-audio cable will work?

Last edited:
I have a simple OEM touch screen radio, not a DVD player, but it can be "mickey moused" and can be used as an external screen for TV tuners or DVD players. I'm trying to clarify what exactly need to be done for that, but apparently it can be done.
The OEM HU has 3.5 input jack, but looks like it does not support video, but there are pins for back up camera on the back which can be hooked up to RCA connectors and used for the video.
Any recommendations on the cable? Does it has to be a certain model or any 3.5mm A/V jack to RCA video-audio cable will work?

You need to have an AUX IN option in your OEM touchscreen radio in order to switch to Video input mode.
If you have only reversing camera RCA Video input, then you need to make an additional on/off button to activate reversing camera option input into which you will be connecting Blacksys Video signal.
Best if you buy video cable supplied by Blacksys ( sold separately ).

You need to have an AUX IN option in your OEM touchscreen radio in order to switch to Video input mode.
If you have only reversing camera RCA Video input, then you need to make an additional on/off button to activate reversing camera option input into which you will be connecting Blacksys Video signal.
Best if you buy video cable supplied by Blacksys ( sold separately ).
I have a dedicated OEM AUX in, but for some reason it does not support video. There are connectors for the back up camera though which can be used to send video signal. According to the ppl who's using their stereos as TV's, a few manipulations with wiring and home made harness should do the trick. I just need exact pinnage and some free time.
I see no Blacksys A/V out cable anywhere on eBay, so I guess I'll try some other brand.

I have a dedicated OEM AUX in, but for some reason it does not support video. There are connectors for the back up camera though which can be used to send video signal. According to the ppl who's using their stereos as TV's, a few manipulations with wiring and home made harness should do the trick. I just need exact pinnage and some free time.
I see no Blacksys A/V out cable anywhere on eBay, so I guess I'll try some other brand.

YOu have US market car, right ? Many reversing cameras are set to PAL colour system and if your car is US, then it set to NTSC colour system. You need to use reversing camera ( or any other input device ) also with NTSC system.

YOu have US market car, right ? Many reversing cameras are set to PAL colour system and if your car is US, then it set to NTSC colour system. You need to use reversing camera ( or any other input device ) also with NTSC system.
Hah, I forgot about Pal-NTSC thing... Do you know if I can switch video system on CF-100 to NTSC?
Never mind, eBay listing says "- Video Output Format : NTSC ", so it should be fine.

You are not going to believe this; I've received my camera yesterday (considering that I've placed the order Thursday night it was very quick delivery) but.. :(
The box came empty (looks like the box got opened and re-taped) and instead of GF-100 I've received a can of ensure and a few dirty rags...
Not sure how it's happened and Ojocam hasn't responded yet and since it was "directly packed and shipped by the marketplace seller" item, I've been advised contact the seller directly and Newegg is no help here...
Some "tech savvy" USPS warehouse or delivery boy decided to get himself a present?

You are not going to believe this; I've received my camera yesterday (considering that I've placed the order Thursday night it was very quick delivery) but.. :(
The box came empty (looks like the box got opened and re-taped) and instead of GF-100 I've received a can of ensure and a few dirty rags...
Not sure how it's happened and Ojocam hasn't responded yet and since it was "directly packed and shipped by the marketplace seller" item, I've been advised contact the seller directly and Newegg is no help here...
Some "tech savvy" USPS warehouse or delivery boy decided to get himself a present?
That sucks. I have experienced this dirty trick few times in the past. Paid huge money for such a lesson. Now I am try firts checking package content before giving a signature to courier guy in case I am ordering something valuable from seller that I have never bought before.

You should report to police about this fraud. Contact PayPal or credit card bank.

That sucks. I have experienced this dirty trick few times in the past. Paid huge money for such a lesson. Now I am try firts checking package content before giving a signature to courier guy in case I am ordering something valuable from seller that I have never bought before.

You should report to police about this fraud. Contact PayPal or credit card bank.
I didn't sign for the package, it came with no signature and I very doubt police going to do anything about it. It could've happened anywhere between CA and TX. If Ojocam would try to wash their hands off I'll stop a payment on Credit Card. I'll wait for the reply first.

I didn't sign for the package, it came with no signature and I very doubt police going to do anything about it. It could've happened anywhere between CA and TX. If Ojocam would try to wash their hands off I'll stop a payment on Credit Card. I'll wait for the reply first.
If there is no tracking no, - such parcels are under much higher risk of being scammed by postal services sorting centres. Its also familiar situation to me from the past. Talk to ojocam first.

Wow, you gotta be kidding me. I don't know what credit card you used, but I think with Discover or Amex, they will cover your purchases or something. Keep us posted because I was about to pull the trigger as well, but the CA tax sort of kills it for me.

Back