Nothing happens when trying to update firmware on Marcus 3

isdoo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Trying to upgrade firmware on Marcus 3 to latest.

Uploaded to SD root
put card in camera
put into playback mode
pressed orange + up buttons

but nothing happens.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

filename looks fine.

only folders.

but then the image on the pdf shows at least one folder

copy the bin file to a blank card, no other folders

if you have known filename extensions turned off on your PC it's possible to end up with a file named firmware.bin.bin or similar (just mentioning in case this is your issue)

32Gb or smaller card formatted Fat32?

64GB card

is that the issue?

the card is the one that it records to just fine.

it may be the issue, can't say for sure but if you have a smaller card available easy enough to test

I just updated mine. I used a 32GB card, but i had to press up and orange three times to get it to update.

My Little mobius wont update FW with a 64 Gb Card, but its undestandable as its not build with 64 Gb Cards in mind.

Do the vicovation FW come as a zip file ? maybe u fogotten to unzip. ( happened to me 1 time i was in a hurry to upgrade my lukas )

Do the vicovation FW come as a zip file ? maybe u fogotten to unzip. ( happened to me 1 time i was in a hurry to upgrade my lukas )
They do with the steps on how to upgrade.

The Marcus 3 is built to handle 64GB cards but some did not work at all until after an update. Maybe this is something that can be fixed in the firmware if there is a bug not allowing upgrades with 64GB cards.

I am going to have to order a small card from Amazon LOL

Can't find the card that I used to do the last firmware upgrade.

Mind you, I was on a different continent then!

I'm having the same issue and I tried it with both 32 and 64 gb cards. I emailed their support people and so far all I've gotten was a response asking me if I remembered to unzip the file first (do you work for Vicovation, kamkar1? ;).

Thanks - let us know if you get anywhere with Vicovation. Sometimes these companies think everyone is stupid LOL

I did fw update from v3.1 to v3.2. I use a 32gb microsd card.
I didn't have any problem.

For night videos (recorded with 2 Marcus 3 side by side):

v3.1 http://goo.gl/FLDwnH
v3.2 http://goo.gl/7BZKrS

Vicovation Customer Support has contacted our technical support to assist some of their customers with these firmware issues. I will try to find out what happened with that and update here with information.

thanks - as one of your customers, hopefully you might have some good news :)

One of our techs just updated the firmware successfully using an 8GB card and a 32GB card, both formatted to FAT32. The cards were blank except for the "sd_vico_MS3.bin" file.

One issue was that the camera asked numerous times to format the card, so if that happens, make sure you hit cancel, and take it slow so that you don't miss those prompts if they pop up.

The second thing worth mentioning is that it's a bit temperamental when accepting the button combination. After entering playback mode, the instructions say to press and hold the orange button and the up button simultaneously for a few seconds.

We had to press the orange button first, and then a half second later, press the the up button, and held both for almost 10 seconds before the camera recognized the button combination and started to update.

So we can conclude that many of the markus 3 cams have PMS or rather the dashcam equivalent INFS ( Install New Firmware Syndrome )

We had to press the orange button first, and then a half second later, press the the up button, and held both for almost 10 seconds before the camera recognized the button combination and started to update.

This solved it for me, thanks.

Just my thoughts here but When it asks you to format the card, this is to remove the update file from the card after upgrade. The original file in the sd card remains as it is write protected perhaps.

Back