Power magic pro doesn't stay on longer than five minutes

Lukeman55

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, I installed the power magic pro this weekend for my blackvue (2014 Kia Optima SX)... When the car is off the camera stays on for about 5 minutes then goes off along with the led on the PM pro.

I have the voltage set for 11.8v (I'm guessing that's the cutoff voltage) and the timer set for 12 hours. I wired the ACC line to the interior lamps and the power wire to the heated mirrors/rear defrost.

I'm not sure if maybe this has something to do with the fuses I used or if maybe my battery is just draining that fast.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 11
So, I installed the power magic pro this weekend for my blackvue (2014 Kia Optima SX)... When the car is off the camera stays on for about 5 minutes then goes off along with the led on the PM pro.

I have the voltage set for 11.8v (I'm guessing that's the cutoff voltage) and the timer set for 12 hours. I wired the ACC line to the interior lamps and the power wire to the heated mirrors/rear defrost.

I'm not sure if maybe this has something to do with the fuses I used or if maybe my battery is just draining that fast.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

You have obviously wired it to connections with a delayed shutoff Look through the threads and find out how to do it properly by connecting directly to the fuse box

Last edited:
You need to find some wires that are hot all the time. Sounds like the heated mirror and the rear defroster are only on when the car is on. I would definitely take a voltage meter and check the wires again.

Yep, you guys were right, the heated mirrors I changed to the sunroof and the interior lamps I changed to the module 4.

The lamps have an auto shutoff and the mirrors only work when the button is pressed. Thanks for the help!

Back