[R&D] A7 R&D thread

The cable is only used to get the camera into USB boot mode to load elf versions of the firmware for recovery etc

Okay, I try and for now work fine, I can translate and work fine on my Ambarella mini 0803.

thanks for the help and the app, regards.

Okay, I modify the language and images and work perfect.

I now want edit the sounds, this is possible with A7tool?

For example, the sound of LDWS is very low, but the sound of the start is normal. Then I want edit the sound of the LDWS for can listen fine.

(I see AC3 and AAC sound files but I only can convert two sound files, and this files are of beep sound only) "2_32k" and "2_48k", maybe with other converter is possible.

Regards.

I add: I try to replace the AAC and AC3 files for differents sounds and compile but arises no effect.
(continues to reproduce the same sound).
Then I don't know now if these files are of the sounds, if you can help to locate and uncompress the sound I would be very grateful. would be a solution to many of the sounds.

Last edited:
Can you tell which is special parameters while generating boot_logo.jpg and shutdown_logo.jpg?
I see that images should be jpeg, 720x480px. I tried to create the same images but dvr does not show it.
Can you show your worked images? Which tools do you using to generate that images?

Yes! Thank you. It helps, successfully changed startup and shutdown images ;)

Finally ordered a 0803 and I guess I already found the UART connector pins on @niko 's pcb image :D
Ordered it with DHL express shipping - hope it'll arrive next week.

uploadfromtaptalk1403044748156[1].jpg

Finally ordered a 0803 and I guess I already found the UART connector pins on @niko 's pcb image :D
Ordered it with DHL express shipping - hope it'll arrive next week.

View attachment 5728
You are awesome, thanks for your work and for your time, many users appreciate all your work, really, thank you.

Regards.

Finally ordered a 0803 with DHL express shipping - hope it'll arrive next week.
Are you so in a hurry that you want to pay customs ?

Are you so in a hurry that you want to pay customs ?
E-PRANCE send from Netherlands, (Shipments within the European Union are free of customs).

I understand that DHL has internal customs, but if he has paid all costs and all are correct does not have to pay any customs.
Regards.

no i bought it from foxoffer. we'll see if i have to pay customs.

no i bought it from foxoffer. we'll see if i have to pay customs.
Then maybe entering a lottery, but since it is not a brand as "adidas, nike or similar" must be excluded from the customs.

(I only had to pay once a customs SDHC buying in wholesale).

Hope you do not charge any extra but with DHL may be different.

Why not buy at E-prance that is very close to your country?

Regards.

Foxoffer was the cheapest retailer. I chose RMB as my currency and saved another few bucks (which I spent on express shipping) :D

Someone in France has ordered 2x A118 from Foxoffer, shipped with DHL, he has paid 30€ customs.

We'll see... I want to void the warranty use it next week :D

I don't understand because you buy from foxoffer
(Prices of Ambarella mini 0803 with GPS+8GB Internal mmory)
Foxoffer price: 105,99$ (+express shipping)
E-PRANCE: 112,90$ (Free shipping from Netherlands)

IkEFTPol.png

I think what E-PRANCE can be more fast with free shipping.
Now this is no longer useful because they purchased hehe, the price may be similar, but I think e-prance may be faster.

(For Spain take between one and two weeks).
As you know, the European Union is free of customs, so there are no surprises and shipping is very fast.
(I bought some things like cables on ebay germany with free shipping and took less than 7 days).
I only tell this story, for if you want to keep in mind for future purchases and for other users of Europe.

Regards, and hopefully soon begins to make new settings with your camera and great programming skills :).

Well.. I should have checked that before ordering one - now it's to late :D
Will keep this in mind.

I think e-prance may be faster.
(For Spain take between one and two weeks)..
I've made 3 orders from Foxoffer, 2 were delivered between 1 and 2 weeks in France ;)

Last edited:
Ok it just arrived and I had to pay 35.09 € tax fee …
Next time I am smarter :D

Edit: Already disassembled:
14042351904391vim867wgl.jpg

Last edited:
Back