Custom firmware BlackVue DR550GW-2CH

I had my phone forget my home wifi network... wifi still doesn't work. There is no ssid to connect to.

What the..

No ssid. When you turn it on and press the button is the wifi light coming on?

What the..

No ssid. When you turn it on and press the button is the wifi light coming on?

Yes, the WiFi light does come on, but the ssid is never broadcasted.

Right. And your able to change firmware but it's still displaying 2.002 in the version log

Right. And your able to change firmware but it's still displaying 2.002 in the version log
Correct, I can install versions pre-2.002, but the version.bin always says 2.002

And no matter what version you put on. If it's actually changing the version. It won't broadcast an ssid.

I can't think what to do next.

I'd of said update via the app..Can't as you can't connect to it.

Stock v1 firmware won't take.

I'm out of ideas. How long you had it.
I'd contact pittasoft support. See what they say

I've had it for two months. Do you think pittasoft will care about me trying to load the custom software?

End of the day custom software isn't on it. It's back to stock. 2.002 stick but stock none the less. No harm in trying.

Thanks for sending me that firmware Rebel... it didn't fix it though :(
alexsoll, here's what it says...

[firmware]
version = 2.002
model = 550GW
language = English
[software]
version = 2.200
model = 550GW
language = English
[config]
version = 1.040
model = 550GW

I do not understand the essence of the issue that you want to do, go to v2.002E?

Thank you.
He's trying to go back to 1.04, in the hopes the wifi will broadcast an ssid. As at this moment it's not.

When I have had the SSID not broadcast correctly it's because the folder structure was not correct.... needs double checking.

Thank you.
He's trying to go back to 1.04, in the hopes the wifi will broadcast an ssid. As at this moment it's not.
This firmware went first 550. In open access there is none.
return back problematic, many "tails" are from the latest versions will remain

When I have had the SSID not broadcast correctly it's because the folder structure was not correct.... needs double checking.
Snake doesn't the update create the folder structure. Same as if you format the card and stick it into the camera the dash cam creates the structure on the card. What did you do to the structure to rectify the ssid error?

Alex what does the green numbers below the bit rate mean?

Attachments

• Dashcam settinga.png
    Dashcam settinga.png
    192 KB · Views: 10
Alex what does the green numbers below the bit rate mean?
I do not go to custom firmware, I drive a stock DR550GW-2CH_v1.019R (2013.11.27)

Why? Less problems?

Why? Less problems?
I was happy with custom firmware on 400 and 500, 550 lot of extra functions that interfere with each other. It is enough to increase the bit rate and the rest to leave the default, but the guys have progressed much further, they are great, but for me everything else is superfluous.
Someone like always something flash, I'm tired of this.

Yeah I can understand that. With your v1.019R you can change the bit rate yes?

Back