2CH Panorama X2. FullHD + FullHD ( 256Gb ). Sony Exmor CMOS. WDR. GPS. 24/7 Parking Mode Rec.

niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Panorama X2 (1).jpg

New 2 Channel FullHD + FullHD Panorama X2 is coming soon.

Front camera:
Sony Exmor IMX322LQJ CMOS Sensor.
1080p / 30Fps ( 15Mbps bit-rate ).

Rear camera:
Sony Exmor IMX322LQJ CMOS Sensor.
1080p / 30Fps ( 15Mbps bit-rate )

Can use up to 128Gb + 128Gb MicroSD Cards ( Fat32 ) = total 256Gb flash memory

- 2Ch 1080P Full HD
- 2 memory card slots ( MicroSD )
- SONY Exmor Sensor
- High Quality Night Video recording
- 120 degree lens FOV
- 3.5" HD Touch Screen
- Motion Detection Recording
- GPS data logger
- G_sensor ( gravity sensor )
- Automatic loop recording
- Smart Folder category management
- 24/7 Parking Monitoring Recording

More Specifications details and prototype pictures below.

GUI

Panorama X2 (2).jpg

Panorama X2 (3).jpg

Panorama X2 (4).jpg

Panorama X2 (5).jpg

PROTOTYPE / SAMPLE

Panorama X2 (6).jpg

Panorama X2 (7).jpg

Panorama X2 (8).jpg

Panorama X2 (9).jpg

Panorama X2 (10).jpg

Features:

1. Two FULL HD HD 1080P / 30Fps / 12Mbps bit-rate:

Rear camera cable length six meters provides lossless transmission line to the host ( main unit ),

2. using top SONY Exmor CMOS sensor ( IMX122LQJ )
Automatically adjust the exposure parameters according to ambient brightness, good night vision, WDR wide dynamic range processing, automatic filter, to ensure picture clarity

3. High-end 6-layers glass lens + UV filter.

4. High Sensitivity G-Sensor and Motion Detection: Uses BOSCH G-Sensor gravity sensor technology, automatic locking of emergency files, which can not be overwritten by normal loop recording.

5. GPS positioning module: Record speed, vehicle coordinates, driving track.

6. intelligent document classification management: 2 ordinary video files, by G-SENSOR, automatic collision or emergency video file, stop mode are stored in the"NORMAL", EVENT " , " PARKING ", loop recording in their respective folders.

7. 24/7 Intelligent Parking Mode Recording

Parking in the parking lot unattended, 24 -hour all-round monitoring of the car ( motion- and g-sensor detection )

Built in car battery voltage discharge prevention device, which identifies battery voltage value and automatic power-off unit if car battery voltage drops below certain value to ensure sufficient voltage to start the car.

8. wide operating temperature, super Stability: Stable Operating temperature -20 ° C -70 within ℃, industrial-grade components, high and low temperature ageing test.

9. Large 3.5 " touch screen: The user interface is simple and clear, simple GUI ( graphics user interface )

10 super-capacitor technology: built super capacitor , DC 12-24V powered, cigarette lighter, ACC and other directly connected without a transformer, simple and safe.

Specification:

- video resolution (front): 1920 * 1080 @ 30fps

- video Resolution (rear): 1920 * 1080 @ 30fps

- CMOS Sesnor (front ): Sony Exmor. WDR

- CMOS Sensor (rear): Sony Exmor. WDR

- LCD Display: 3.5 "HD Touch Screen

- Lens: 120 degrees, all-glass ( South Korea ).

- Gravity Sensor: Built-German Bosch (BOSCH) triaxial gravitational acceleration, speed sensor

- Video File Format: .MP4, encoding: H.264

- Support memory card: MICRO SD 4G-128GB (Fat32), CLASS10 high-speed card.

- Power input: 12V-24V input, built-in super-capacitor.

- Working temperature: -20 ℃ -70 ℃

- loop recording: Support seamless video.

- Motion detection: the first 5 seconds pre-motion detection function.

- Wide Dynamic Range: The WDR algorithm to automatically filter to ensure best picture clarity.

- Smart car voltage detection: original smart car voltage detection, automatic power-off to ensure that car battery will have enough voltage to start an engine..

- Intelligent file management: general video files, automatic collision touched by GSENSOR files or video files emergency, files are stored in the parking mode to "NORMAL", EVENT "," PARKING ", circulating this video in their respective folders inside the loop.

- GPS Positioning: Support external GPS module, recording speed, the vehicle coordinates, driving track.

Interface:

Power Input: 1

GPS Input: 1

AV Output: 1

Memory Slot: 2

USB Input: 1 (rear camera cable input )

MIC input: 1

Reset button: 1

Last edited:
Looks kinda great tbh. But that size ...

Can not wait to see how this one tests out, looks to be a great unit on paper anyway.
More and more I am starting to think that a setup with a screen in the 3" range is not so bad. I originally wanted a setup with smaller cameras and wi-fi to be able to do setup and view video. But after I purchased my current camera I am not so sure anymore. Having the screen on the back of the front camera makes it so much easier to do everything; I have mine set so the screen is off unless i need it. I would not like a big screen on the camera but a reasonable size I can live with. I have mine positioned so that I actually have to move the mirror to see the screen; I do not do on the fly changes so this works for me. Having one with wi-fi would be nice but being able to send video at the levels needed puts a strain on most current cameras.

I think this looks interesting as well.
The one thing I would like to point out though since this is a Prototype.
Please shorten the LCD off time if possible. I really wish cameras would go to 30 seconds or maybe even a little less. I know a min is not much, but when you tap the button to lock something that happens in front of you at night and then the LCD is on it can be a little rough.

That front sensor looks just about right for fitting in a 52mm CPL - the FOV sounds lower at 120 though?

Could be a good device though - that would definitely be a nice simple setup with high quality!

I need a Panorama in my life at some point :)

When can we expect to be able to order this cam.

@niko, as this camera use Exmor IMX122LQJ sensor, do you know anything about the Panasonic MN34120PA sensor?

That's a 16Mpixel sensor - does up to 1080p and 60fps - pixel sizes are small though which would mean it's not as sensitive at night.

Have you got one of those in the pipine Bill?

On this dual cam, do both front and back go to the same card or are they sent out to seperate cards at the same time?

I don't have one yet, still in developing.

@niko, as this camera use Exmor IMX122LQJ sensor, do you know anything about the Panasonic MN34120PA sensor?

That's a 16Mpixel sensor - does up to 1080p and 60fps - pixel sizes are small though which would mean it's not as sensitive at night.

Have you got one of those in the pipine Bill?

On this dual cam, do both front and back go to the same card or are they sent out to seperate cards at the same time?

Never had to deal with Panasonic CMOS sensors in dashcams.

Overall rule is like @reverend mentioned: the bigger each individual pixel area on CMOS, - the more light it can process, the better night vision, however there has been some development in CMOS technology where even with smaller pixels can achieve same ( or better ) result as with bigger pixel size, sort of next generation CMOS, but I am not sure what that Pana sensor about in real life when used on dashcam. A lot things depend on firmware and CPU used. If one thing is write, but other components are "so-so", then there is not much help.
Real life test can show final result which can be different from whats on paper.

Quick question to those that feel the front cam is too big, how would you feel if that same size camera was a hide away component and both cams were remote like rear one?
I wouldn't mind if both cams were like the rear one and then what the front came is now was a control box that most people would probably think was a GPS that could either be hidden or mounted like a GPS so files can still be locked easily with a few touch screen taps or so.

Quick question to those that feel the front cam is too big, how would you feel if that same size camera was a hide away component and both cams were remote like rear one?
I think that's what most of us wish for. A "control unit" that would be hidden away (e.g. would be perfect if we could hide it in the glovebox) and two remote cameras/lenses.

I think that's what most of us wish for. A "control unit" that would be hidden away (e.g. would be perfect if we could hide it in the glovebox) and two remote cameras/lenses.

I'd rather it wasn't in the glovebox. Mine has to much treasure in it already. Somewhere discreet and easy to get to will suit me fine.

I would like it to have a screen and have the choice to hide it or not. Unless there was a button on the camera it self I could reach to lock a file manually.

I would like it to have a screen and have the choice to hide it or not. Unless there was a button on the camera it self I could reach to lock a file manually.
given the prevalence of satnav devices, perhaps they could be combined?

Agree about the possibility of locking the files. A small remote (wired or not) with a button and maybe a small light that indicates the control-unit's status would be ok for me.
About the screen, yes if it's hidden and doesn't make the control unit bigger than it would have been without it. I prefer the way the Mobius does it (otg cable -> your smartphone). It's good enough for aiming the camera and viewing your files.
Wifi would be even better, some smartphones don't have support for OTG.

when will yours be available?

View attachment 6774

New 2 Channel FullHD + FullHD Panorama X2 is coming soon.

. . . . . .

trying to get this thread back on topic . . .

Thanks Niko for bringing us another Worlds First.

IMO It's nice that they're reverted to the Panorama II/S mount.

Do you know & are allowed to publish the DB rating for the IMX122LQJ ? because when I look at http://www.sony.net/Products/SC-HP/new_pro/september_2013/imx222_236_238lqj_e.html the IMX222LQJ looks like it'd be better at WDR.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B X2 0
B X2 9
L X2 2
E X2 2
Joelinnh X2 2
Back