Giving up on C2 :(

The camera is toast :(
It won't record, the light flashes and that's it. I'm sure this is because of extreme heat (overheating). The camera was working fine before, was very responsive.
Often times the problem could be with the settings. I would suggest, if you haven't done so already, is to download the settings program ( GUI ) from http://2kool4u.com/
Believe me it has nothing to do with settings. Leave it on recording for 1-2 days while connected to a power source under the windshield of your car on a hot day and let me know if it still works :)

The camera was really working flawlessly until it experienced very hot weather. I'm going to upload a video shortly. Now when I power it on, it flashes like it's recording but in fact it's not and I cannot do nothing. Can't pause or power off. The only way to power it off is to press the reset button.

I think I will give it another try and order C3, because I like this camera so much.

Rock, your website is a little bit confusing. Is C3 available already or it's not released yet?
Also, can you connect the C3 lens to C1 or C2 camera or it's only good for C3 camera?
Sorry I didn't know the angle was the same. For some reason I thought C2 angle was wider than the lens of C3.
You said you will be testing your cameras for 48 hours. Can I ask you to test a few in motion detect mode? Some place where there's some movement from time to time.

thebotan-

I pointed out a bug awhile back that when you use 30 minutes clips and loop recording you get as shown in your video...try this...reset camera and change settings using GUI from 30 minutes to 10 minutes...OR turn off loop recording...for some reason they didn't work together...see if that helps...

Rock, your website is a little bit confusing. Is C3 available already or it's not released yet?
Also, can you connect the C3 lens to C1 or C2 camera or it's only good for C3 camera?
Sorry I didn't know the angle was the same. For some reason I thought C2 angle was wider than the lens of C3.
You said you will be testing your cameras for 48 hours. Can I ask you to test a few in motion detect mode? Some place where there's some movement from time to time.

C3 has not been released, but available for pre order.

The difference between C1, C2, C3 is C1 and C2 has built in lens with camera, C3 has a HDMI port on camera body, and two interchangeable remote lens, one is 90°, other is 120°.

We can test cameras in motion detection mode.

thebotan-

I pointed out a bug awhile back that when you use 30 minutes clips and loop recording you get as shown in your video...try this...reset camera and change settings using GUI from 30 minutes to 10 minutes...OR turn off loop recording...for some reason they didn't work together...see if that helps...
I played with the settings and I guess it kinda helped. I turned off Power on Record and I think that did the trick. I removed the battery and I'm testing it now. It's in motion detect, loop mode, seems to be working normally. I can pause it just fine.
I actually removed the battery because it overheated and expanded too much, so running without the battery right now, just directly hardwired in my car. I guess it can help with the heat since the battery generates heat.
I'm gonna let it run for 1-2 days and then I will see if there are any gaps in recordings or if it overheated and stopped recording.

I went to the UPS store to ship a bad C2 back to ROCK for a replacement and I was shocked of the shipping cost. The item weight 6 oz and shipping from Virginia they wanted $96 with tracking and it'll get there by Monday, no other option. I went to the FedEx guy and they wanted $83 with tracking, no other option. I went to the USPS and the cheapest they can send is $42.25 with tracking and it'll get there between 8-15 days. Their most expensive is $75. There is one other cheapest option is $12 up to two months to receive but NO TRACKING and there is no warranty that it'll get there. Innovv has asked to provide with a tracking number on the return package so I had to stand there and though real hard whether it is worth it to send it back or just suck it up and get another one. Well, I sent it.

When will we have a US seller of these devices? If I want to become a reseller or distributor what do I do?

I went to the UPS store to ship a bad C2 back to ROCK for a replacement and I was shocked of the shipping cost. The item weight 6 oz and shipping from Virginia they wanted $96 with tracking and it'll get there by Monday, no other option. I went to the FedEx guy and they wanted $83 with tracking, no other option. I went to the USPS and the cheapest they can send is $42.25 with tracking and it'll get there between 8-15 days. Their most expensive is $75. There is one other cheapest option is $12 up to two months to receive but NO TRACKING and there is no warranty that it'll get there. Innovv has asked to provide with a tracking number on the return package so I had to stand there and though real hard whether it is worth it to send it back or just suck it up and get another one. Well, I sent it.

When will we have a US seller of these devices? If I want to become a reseller or distributor what do I do?

Fully understand the delivery cost is crazy from US or EU to China.
Here in China, there is the special DHL delivery service,
We pass goods to shipping agency and shipping agency collect all small packagings together and bulk packing to DHL,
DHL offer a big discount to shipping agency, shipping agency then offer a discount to us.
So the delivery time by that way will take one or two days more than direct deal with DHL, so total will be less than 7 days, but the cost will be 1/3 lower from DHL, like $30.

Actually, we are looking for resellers and distributors across countries.
I would like to find the reliable sales partners for long term cooperation.
Customers will get close local service and we can focus on product development.
If you are interested, we are happy to see.

Last edited:
Hi Rock,

I'm actually interest in becoming a US reseller. Never have any experiencing in this business but wanting more info. Can you email me offline what I need to do, how much money, import/export etc...?

Hi Rock,

I'm actually interest in becoming a US reseller. Never have any experiencing in this business but wanting more info. Can you email me offline what I need to do, how much money, import/export etc...?

Do not worry, Let's work together to get it happen.
I will send you the message about the details.

Hello. Could you be so kind and send the details to me also? If you can and want, of course. All the best

My test results so far...

The camera recorded for a day and then stopped again. (was on motion detect). Basically during all that time, I was checking the camera. It was responsive. I could pause and start recording. Then after around day and a half I check the camera and it was unresponsive. The light was on but if I pressed the play button, nothing happened. It wouldn't start recording. And I couldn't power it off. To restart the camera I unplugged it from the power source (I don't have battery in my camera).

I will try the same experiment now with G-sensor and no motion detection. It's interesting because during all that time it wasn't hot here at all. Since I started testing it was raining here in Montreal and it's supposed to rain for a couple more days.
So the heat maybe not a problem...
Also now I have some files that won't play:
"VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'file:///I:/DCIM/100MEDIA/L0001147.MOV' cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details."

I don't know if it's because I don't have a battery in the camera or for some other reason.

ROCK did you start testing your camera for 48 hours straight recording on motion detect?

My test results so far...

The camera recorded for a day and then stopped again. (was on motion detect). Basically during all that time, I was checking the camera. It was responsive. I could pause and start recording. Then after around day and a half I check the camera and it was unresponsive. The light was on but if I pressed the play button, nothing happened. It wouldn't start recording. And I couldn't power it off. To restart the camera I unplugged it from the power source (I don't have battery in my camera).

I will try the same experiment now with G-sensor and no motion detection. It's interesting because during all that time it wasn't hot here at all. Since I started testing it was raining here in Montreal and it's supposed to rain for a couple more days.
So the heat maybe not a problem...
Also now I have some files that won't play:
"VLC can't recognize the input's format:
The format of 'file:///I:/DCIM/100MEDIA/L0001147.MOV' cannot be detected. Have a look at the log for details."

I don't know if it's because I don't have a battery in the camera or for some other reason.

ROCK did you start testing your camera for 48 hours straight recording on motion detect?

Please keep testing on G-sensor model and see what happen.
If it works well, we will see it may heat or motion detection issues.

The cameras are recording under G-sensor mode and keep testing, till tomorrow.
After that, we can test in motion detection.

when my C2's battery expanded and made the buttons stick it was in my car which was probably 100+ degrees F, for only an hour maybe. when driving i blast the AC because if I am going to work in my car I want to be comfortable haha.

i have also had issues with it suddenly stop recording and going to standby for apparently no reason, and it wont shut off or start recording again until i unplug it then turn it off manually.

rock when you tested the camera in a hot chamber, was that with the entire camera or just the motherboard/internals?

We put entire camera in the chamber for testing.
During development, there is the procedure, that testing 24 hours for high temperature and 24 hours for high temperature, we need to be sure camera and motherboard are working reliable. No defect found.

As discussed, send it back, we will check into details.

If it is heat issue.
best is to use perforated case (holes) on both sides to allow air flow. in addition, few heat sink pads on top of AR chip and NT chip will help to move heat away.
Aluminum tape will in fact trap infrared heat back to inside.

I think heat is not the only issue...I've been playing with the camera for the last couple of weeks, and it's always the same thing. It records okay being in motion detection mode for maybe one day, and after that it just hangs...shows as if recording all the time, but cannot be pause or turned off, as described at the beginning.
Please keep testing on G-sensor model and see what happen.
If it works well, we will see it may heat or motion detection issues.

The cameras are recording under G-sensor mode and keep testing, till tomorrow.
After that, we can test in motion detection.

How are the tests?

What is your sd card ..brand, size, speed class? have you formatted it with sdformatter4 ?

I've tried my Blackvue brand card and a sandisk both class 10 I never even see lower class cards when I search. I just got a transcend class 10 I am using in my g1w right now.

I never had a chance to try to transcend in the c2 to see if it was a memory card issue with it locking up or when my files would corrupt and erase themselves when I tried to transfer to PC with a micro sd card reader. That happened with my g1w tho so I feel like it was the cards or reader corrupting the files.

Back