G1W-C last file corrupt

The smallest 'auto power off' option is 3 minutes on my device. Even then, when shutting down the car/removing usb it takes several seconds before it powers down.

I got last file corrupt w/my 8gig class 6 microsd.
got the microcenter 32gig class 10. no longer having that problem. can view last file on my computer.

just to test, I put back the 8gig class6. last file corrupt.

either higher Class solved my problem and/or the microcenter sd is better?

Normally if the camera shutdown correctly, you can see the goodbye screen before shutdown.
Also please try this firmware:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22493212/firmware/G1WC/G1W-C_FW.zip
I use this link to update my G1W-C which has last clip corrupted problem (firmware 2013.1126.16). Now it is 2013.1112.18 and shutdown properly. Problem solved, thanks.

One hint may need mention here the interface change to Chinese after updating. Of course you can change it back but, you may need a help with someone understands Chinese

One hint may need mention here the interface change to Chinese after updating. Of course you can change it back but, you may need a help with someone understands Chinese

menu key twice to get to the settings menu, scroll until you see the language icon, usually pretty obvious which one this is

Just to let everyone i've resolved my issue with the last file being corrupt (this is on my g1wh).
Switched from a 32GB sandisk UHS-1 to a AData 32GB UHS-1.. now everything works great. Many forums have indicated compatibility issues w/ Sandisk...

Just to let everyone i've resolved my issue with the last file being corrupt (this is on my g1wh).
Switched from a 32GB sandisk UHS-1 to a AData 32GB UHS-1.. now everything works great. Many forums have indicated compatibility issues w/ Sandisk...

I would suggest you put your 'Sandisk' card in your computer and test it, including a surface scan. Also, go to the Sandisk web site to see if what you have is really what it says it is.

Generally the 'problem' with Sandisk cards is what people think are Sandisk are really counterfeits and not the real thing at all. Do a Google search on "Sandisk counterfeit" and you'll see how pervasive the problem is - some writers say that as many as 1/3 of all 'Sandisk' labeled memory cards in the world are counterfeit.

People end up with them because they want to get the best deal possible and scrounge around the internet looking for the lowest price possible and end up getting burned. Sometimes even retailers get burned by dealing with a less than honorable distributor. The saying that 'you get what you pay for' really comes home in this case.

Always, repeat - always, buy memory cards from a legitimate, reputable dealer with a decent return policy.

I would suggest you put your 'Sandisk' card in your computer and test it, including a surface scan. Also, go to the Sandisk web site to see if what you have is really what it says it is.

Generally the 'problem' with Sandisk cards is what people think are Sandisk are really counterfeits and not the real thing at all. Do a Google search on "Sandisk counterfeit" and you'll see how pervasive the problem is - some writers say that as many as 1/3 of all 'Sandisk' labeled memory cards in the world are counterfeit.

People end up with them because they want to get the best deal possible and scrounge around the internet looking for the lowest price possible and end up getting burned. Sometimes even retailers get burned by dealing with a less than honorable distributor. The saying that 'you get what you pay for' really comes home in this case.

Always, repeat - always, buy memory cards from a legitimate, reputable dealer with a decent return policy.

The Sandisk i bought was sold and shipped directly by Amazon.com, so i'm quite certain it was authentic. When I look back at the listing now, theres notes indicating that they now have a newer version/SKU of this card, which may now have better compatibility. No issues were found via surface scan.

I've had the same problem as the OP - when I manually unplug the charger the last file is okay. If I turn the ignition off and the juice stops that way the last file is corrupted.

I'm not saying this is a bug, it just seems to be something that the camera software isn't accommodating properly. Does anyone know of a reliable USB socket adaptor (preferably dual) that lets the camera act the way it should?

I'm using this and it works well, more than enough output -

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MSYQ94W
Don't know what the availability is worldwide.

Did you have the same problem? I've already bought one new usb socket and a couple of microsd's. I'd prefer not to make another new purchase for this if it's not been shown to be effective

Did you have the same problem? I've already bought one new usb socket and a couple of microsd's. I'd prefer not to make another new purchase for this if it's not been shown to be effective

I (fortunately) do not have the problem as I have G1W-H units (vs -C). I was replying to your request for a dual USB adapter. The one I linked to provides 2.1A for each outlet which is why I got it. The G1W-x cameras require 1.5A and I wanted to insure I had that.

In reading your other posts on this issue I initially thought your power supply might have been supplying less than the 1.5A required by the camera, enough for it to function but not sufficient 'excess' to charge the capacitor. However, I see that if you pull the power cable shutdown is normal and the last file is not corrupt.

This leads me to believe that your theory about some residual power available after the ignition is turned off is correct, thus making the camera think power is still available and continuing to record using the capacitor until it's exhausted. I have no idea how to overcome that if true.

I sincerely hope you, and others with this problem, find a suitable solution.

Oh dear. The cable supplied with the camera is rated 1A. The sockets I have are rated 1A.

I'll find a 2.1A and see if there's any difference.

Normally,we recommend use High speed card,class 6 or 10 speed card will be better!
And also,we suggest to update software if the same problem after switch higher speed card,and you can download its software here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qs862r

Or you can contact us directly if any questions!
Regards,
Vicky

I have the same issue with my G1WH. I've tried a number of things and I don't think it's an issue with the SD card. Seems like a battery problem since it no longer stays on with out being plugged in.

As soon as the cable is unplugged or power stops, the camera goes to the shutdown screen and bootloops for a few seconds before finally turning off. It'll show the 'Goodbye' screen and then restart itself a few times before actually powering off. Whatever is happening there causes the last file to be unreadable on the computer. But it's not fully corrupt because, as Sean mentioned below, I can view it on the device which "fixes" it and then it works on the PC.

Newbie here. My G1W-C from BAIKLOV have same problem, the last clip corrupts, firmware version 2013.1126.16. I have tested with various microSD, 4GB, 16GB and 32GB, all have same issue. Interesting, the last clips are replayable by CAM itself! And furthermore, after replaying by the CAM, corrupted clips have been fixed. Anybody would like to duplicate it?

Normally,we recommend use High speed card,class 6 or 10 speed card will be better!
And also,we suggest to update software if the same problem after switch higher speed card,and you can download its software here:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qs862r

Or you can contact us directly if any questions!
Regards,
Vicky
Thank you for the link. Can you confirm which firmware version it is?

IE: 2014.0803.11, etc

I recently bought a G1W-C from you (eBay) and this is the firmware version (2014.0803.11) already on it. I would like to have a backup copy of the firmware since it is very stable and works very reliably as it is. I would just like to have the capacity to flash the original firmware if it ever does become corrupt. When I download and open the rar file, it doesn't say which firmware version it is. It is only titled FW96650A.bin

Thanks!

:)

Oh dear. The cable supplied with the camera is rated 1A. The sockets I have are rated 1A.

I'll find a 2.1A and see if there's any difference.

It turns out that 1A should be sufficient.

I bought one of these handy-dandy little gadgets ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00L1V82I4 ) and measured the power consumption of my G1W-H. Results are:

Screen on with battery charging - 0.53A
Screen off with battery charging - 0.40A
Screen off with battery not charging - 0.33A

So, it would appear that 1A will be more than sufficient for the G1W series of cameras.

This begs the question why the documentation I received for mine specifies 1.5A and comes with a 1.5A charger. Nor does it shed any light on why the other published specifications also state 1.5A is required.

FYI: My last firmware was 2013.1126.16. (issue: last file error because the unit didn't shut down properly)

For G1W-C user who have this kind of issues:
- Last File error
- unit didn't turn off properly
- Setting became default after reboot
Try this firmware. it will upgrade your firmware into 2014.0813.11 .
I've upload it to my Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90I_Yu3gbxGNDQ3NGg0Mi1xamM/view?usp=sharing
n.b. do it at your own risk!!!

TUTORIAL:
1. Download from the link above
2. Format your Micro SD
3. put the Bin File on root of your micro sd
4. Plug in the Micro SD
5. Plug in the USB (to power up the G1W-C)
6. The screen goes blank for few second, and then boot up
7. Check the firmware version. it should be 2014.0813.11
8. Format Your card using the G1W-C
9. Try to reboot if the problem still exist (mine works fine after 4-5times reboot)
10. Hope this work for you guys.

Back