Marcus 3 problem

Missouri Trucker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am new with this type of technology, so please bare with my explanation. I drive an eighteen wheeler and recently installed a Marcus 3 to protect my CDL. Here is my problem, some of which I think may be due to not knowing the camera or all of the setup options. During a recent run the camera was recording (red light) and then went to a green light for a minute of so and then back to the red light. It did this for several minutes then it turned off, rebooted, came back into the recording mode red, wherein after several minutes it did the same thing again. Up until this problem it seemed to be working fine, having recorded several runs. Questions:

Does it run a continual loop, recording over itself . . . or do I need to do something to clear the camera for each run? Anybody experience this issue?

I am new with this type of technology, so please bare with my explanation. I drive an eighteen wheeler and recently installed a Marcus 3 to protect my CDL. Here is my problem, some of which I think may be due to not knowing the camera or all of the setup options. During a recent run the camera was recording (red light) and then went to a green light for a minute of so and then back to the red light. It did this for several minutes then it turned off, rebooted, came back into the recording mode red, wherein after several minutes it did the same thing again. Up until this problem it seemed to be working fine, having recorded several runs. Questions:

Does it run a continual loop, recording over itself . . . or do I need to do something to clear the camera for each run? Anybody experience this issue?

You may first check if you have normal recording or motion detection recording selected. Normal recording is the right way to go with.

You may first check if you have normal recording or motion detection recording selected. Normal recording is the right way to go with.
I will check to see if it is set for normal . . . thanks

I had the same problem and at first it was every now and then it become more frequent. I simply RMA'd through spytec where I purchased from.

I'm having the same issue with my marcus 3. It happened after I used a 64gb card. I'm going to try to use a 32gb card and see if that helps.

please be sure:
1) your 64GB memory card is on exFAT format (no FAT32),
2) you must use genuine power supply (no hard-wire connect etc)
3) does USB mini port (for power) is loose or dirty?

please be sure:

I actually just tried that earlier this morning. Step 1 was what the issue was! Mine was formatted to Fat32. Formatted it with exFat and bingo!

Thanks!

please be sure:

for # 1, does that only apply to 64GB or all sizes cards? I use 32GB

1) that only apply to SDXC cards (64, / 128 / 256GB) if you got SDHC (8 / 16/ 32GB) FAT32 is fine.

SDXC - exFAT (64,128,256GB... and bigger capacity up to 2TB)
SDHC - FAT32 (8, 16, 32GB <-max)

Back