GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

Hey man, of all people to have to say this to. Get another Mobius for the rear window! ;)

Edit: I don't think any dash camera on the market is more suited to rear window placement.
I was thinking of Jokiin's new Street Guardian or finally picking up that Mobius B lens everyone keeps talking about :D

Aside from being obvious I find them distracting in the rear view mirror in your field of view
I did actually get used to it after a few weeks - the only problem I have now is when a car with the headlights on disappears behind it and then pops out the side it makes you look every time. Not that using my mirrors isn't a bad thing but it kind of feels like someone is flashing you which is a pain.

As you've seen from my recent attempts with the A118 and now the Mobius I am trying to find a better, more discrete solution :) The Mobius suction mount won't stay on my rear window though for more than five mins and like a dick I left the sticky mount at home (I'm away from home for a couple of weeks so that stopped my testing for a bit with that in the back).

Daft q but does the narrow lens Street Guardian you're trying in that form factor have better night performance than the current wide angle versions? I'm guessing it's a wider aperture?

The A118 is a great camera for the rear though - it tucks up further than I can get the Mobius - I'm still thinking of alternatives though for this one :)

You can see in my case I'm really lucky in that it's a really dark factory tint so I can stick quite a few different cameras up back and they're not blatantly obvious - without a tint you really need something like the Mobius though. Saying that the factory tint does mean that any dash cam has a really hard time at night and is a pain in the arse trying to work a way around.

In the pic from inside the car you can see the A118 mount tucked right up to the left.

IMG_0977.JPG IMG_0979.JPG IMG_0981.JPG IMG_0978.JPG

I did slap the GT680W in the absolute worst place possible though and need to relocate it while I find a better solution.

Last edited:
Guess I'll hold on to my DR400G for a while longer. After 2+ years it finally came in handy when a woman backed into me in a parking lot. The video leaves no doubt what happened and her insurance is paying for all the repairs. The image is hazy, though - the lens is clouded, I think. Looking forward to a better solution with GuardTrak.

I think I tried that before and it didn't help. I will try it again.

jooookiiiiin!!! i want one!!! the very first camera i ever bought was the i1000 type model but i think it was a clone and I was ignorant. it never came.. even though i bought it from amazon. apparently that seller was a fraud or something because the amazon rep said they had multiple complaints that the seller never shipped the item.

but anyways, reminds me of that camera, and i really like the near window design, cant wait to see the retail version.

need one of your upcoming models to have indicator and brake lights recording on it so you know when you are indicating or braking incase some idiot blames you for running into them at a round about or something saying you didn't have your indicator on or something and if someone blames you for running into them because you didn't brake or something etc...

oh, maybe a future future future model them.
I have actually thought about connecting LED's to the indicators and brake light switches and putting them in the middle of the dash under the camera but never got around to it yet, so the camera will record them as a work around.

I have a customer that drives a ute that has has camera on the back window facing forward so that it looks over his shoulder to see the speedo, indicators etc for the same sort of reason, he got cleaned up by a truck last week, camera paid for itself as the truck never stopped

That was not nice of the trucker, to me that impact starting at the very front of the rig would be hard to miss.

That was not nice of the trucker, to me that impact starting at the very front of the rig would be hard to miss.
Police caught up with the truck driver later, licence plate was captured on video

this is what it did to the ute

ute1.jpg

ute2.jpg

I have a customer that drives a ute that has has camera on the back window facing forward so that it looks over his shoulder to see the speedo, indicators etc for the same sort of reason, he got cleaned up by a truck last week, camera paid for itself as the truck never stopped
one reason I never sit in a trucks blind spot. if I cant see the driver in his mirror I either speed up quickly to go past quickly or just sit behind him, I will never drive next to a truck myself.

Police caught up with the truck driver later, licence plate was captured on video
lucky the number plate was on the left, not the right and side or in the middle else probably not going to be visible at night.

one reason I never sit in a trucks blind spot. if I cant see the driver in his mirror I either speed up quickly to go past quickly or just sit behind him, I will never drive next to a truck myself.

yeah there's been massive arguments on Facebook from all the keyboard lawyers about what should and shouldn't have happened, some very heated opinions over this one

Im starting to think three cameras isn't too many. One in the windshield, one in the rear window and one in the back facing forward. The forward facing camera with a good wide angle, covers your side stuff, signals, as well as some forward.

There is always a situation that you realize the front and rear camera missed.

Three Cameras! I am thinking that it might be best to become a recluse (did think of becoming a troglodyte but that would be a bridge too far):rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D GuardTrak 4
Z GuardTrak 67
Back