Manufacturer
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Too many ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Select the start point

start.jpg

Play the desired file and find the section of video you want, pause at the desired section then select View/Timeline/Set selection start (A) in current position this will flag the start point for your selection at the current playback point and the timeline will be highlighted in blue.

Select the finish point

start.jpg

Forward through to the desired end point and then select View/Timeline/Set selection end (B) in current position the selected segment will now be highlighted in blue on the timeline, you may also loop just the selected A-B segment to confirm your selection.

Save selected fragment

save fragment.jpg

Choose File/Save selected fragment this will open the cut options where you can select how you would like to export the video segment, remove the audio track, remove the video and only export the audio track etc, click Start to export the desired segment

cut options.jpg

Attachments

• finish.jpg
    finish.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 20
For anyone that's wondering this is the area you can change the 1x value to increase the speed here. This is also where you can mute the audio, and or strip out the Meta Info (GPS/G-Sensor) data as well.

328nUoe.png

My examples from awhile back. (flying in a Cessna)
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/how-to-speed-up-your-video.1266/#post-34620

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also pause the video and right click the little paused dot in the time line and bring up the same menu in the first picture with the Set A/SetB/Save Fragment choices.
Just a little short cut to keep from having to go up the File button.

You can also pause the video and right click the little paused dot in the time line and bring up the same menu in the first picture with the Set A/SetB/Save Fragment choices.
Just a little short cut to keep from having to go up the File button.

there's hot keys also but I just tried to keep it basic without too much confusing detail, something we get asked a bit so just a quick how-to the people that are new to Registrator Viewer might find hlepful

there's hot keys also but I just tried to keep it basic without too much confusing detail, something we get asked a bit so just a quick how-to the people that are new to Registrator Viewer might find hlepful
I have been noticing a lot of people on Amazon asking about it as well . Good post for sure.

I have been noticing a lot of people on Amazon asking about it as well . Good post for sure.

we have it as a PDF on our website so people can print it off if need be, just needed something easy to follow

Last edited by a moderator:
Back