Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

Question for owners of the C version of the dashcam: Does your camera's clock reset when you do not use your car for 2 or more days? For me it looks like I have to drive it every day to keep the clock set. If I do not drive the car over the weekend, the clock resets itself.

Question for owners of the C version of the dashcam: Does your camera's clock reset when you do not use your car for 2 or more days? For me it looks like I have to drive it every day to keep the clock set. If I do not drive the car over the weekend, the clock resets itself.

Definitely not 2-3 days, that's for sure. I usually don't drive from Monday to Friday and the date is retained just fine. I haven't driven my car in over 8 days as of now, so I'll check today or tomorrow and report here.

Mine was without power for 4 days and booted up this morning with the right date/time. If it matters, mine came with f/w version 2013.1112.18

Thanks for the update guys. I have to check again but last time, the date reset when I did not drive car for two days. Came back from work on Friday evening and drove the car to work on Monday morning. It may be a fluke though.

Thanks for the update guys. I have to check again but last time, the date reset when I did not drive car for two days. Came back from work on Friday evening and drove the car to work on Monday morning. It may be a fluke though.
I checked yesterday after 7-8 days without driving and had to reset the date, everything else was fine. So, the range should be 4-6 days.

Just ordered on from estore009.

Fingers crossed for a good experience once it shows up at my door in 2-3 weeks.

:)

Hey guys, Amazon sells the Black Box G1W-C for 80$ while Foxoffer sells the G1W-C for 63$. Since the one from Foxoffer is confirmed by the OP to be authentic, why is there such are huge price difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MIO2KRC
Is this not the same as the G1W from Foxoffer.

The Amazon one says fulfilled by Amazon, I assume that to mean the stock is in the USA already, would have to be more expensive if that's the case, Foxoffer is in China and doesn't have the overheads of of anyone based in the US, one would reach you in a day or two, the other in about 3 weeks, your aftersales options are possibly a lot different also

Keep in mind the review is based on the Foxoffer version, there's nothing to confirm that the Amazon version is the same, there's more than one version of this product, buyer beware

Hey guys, Amazon sells the Black Box G1W-C for 80$ while Foxoffer sells the G1W-C for 63$. Since the one from Foxoffer is confirmed by the OP to be authentic, why is there such are huge price difference.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00MIO2KRC
Is this not the same as the G1W from Foxoffer.

To answer your last question first - both can be authentic but may or may not be the same - the only way to tell for sure is to get both and open them up. For what it's worth I bought a Black Box version of the G1W-H from Amazon and it is authentic.

As to the price difference Foxoffer ships directly from China. The Amazon listing you linked to is a unit sold by Black Box and fulfilled by Amazon. This means that the item is stocked in an Amazon warehouse somewhere, packed and shipped by Amazon employees. This is added cost that has to be recovered somewhere. Amazon is not going to do this for free so there is a profit margin added to the price as well.

The advantage to you in purchasing from Amazon would be faster delivery time and easier return process if necessary.

Edit: I see Jokiin is faster at typing than I am.

i have bought the capaciter version but it has a battery charging symbol, is this right or have i been sent the wrong one

i have bought the capaciter version but it has a battery charging symbol, is this right or have i been sent the wrong one

yes it still has a battery symbol, if it had a battery inside you'd be able to power it up without external power, capacitor version needs the external power source

Is the battery charging symbol the flashing one at the lower right corner? I am wondering about this.

I'm looking to setup parking mode, that is to run the DVR 24/7 allowing to automatically delete/overwrite old files once the card is full.

Presently FW 2013.1112.18 only allows this in loops up to 5 min only. Is there a firmware out there that can achieve this?

FYI: My last firmware was 2013.1126.16. (issue: last file error because the unit didn't shut down properly)

For G1W-C user who have this kind of issues:
- Last File error
- unit didn't turn off properly
- Setting became default after reboot
Try this firmware. it will upgrade your firmware into 2014.0813.11 .
I've upload it to my Google Drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90I_Yu3gbxGNDQ3NGg0Mi1xamM/view?usp=sharing
n.b. do it at your own risk!!!

TUTORIAL:
1. Download from the link above
2. Format your Micro SD
3. put the Bin File on root of your micro sd
4. Plug in the Micro SD
5. Plug in the USB (to power up the G1W-C)
6. The screen goes blank for few second, and then boot up
7. Check the firmware version. it should be 2014.0813.11
8. Format Your card using the G1W-C
9. Try to reboot if the problem still exist (mine works fine after 4-5times reboot)
10. Hope this work for you guys.

Last edited:
FYI: My last firmware was 2013.1126.16. (issue: last file error because the unit didn't shut down properly)

For G1W-C user who have this kind of issues:
- Last File error
- unit didn't turn off properly
- Setting became default after reboot
Try this firmware. it will upgrade your firmware into 2014.0813.11 .
I've upload it to my Google Drive.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B90I_Yu3gbxGNDQ3NGg0Mi1xamM/edit?usp=drive_web
n.b. do it at your own risk!!!

TUTORIAL:
1. Download from the link above
2. Format your Micro SD
3. put the Bin File on root of your micro sd
4. Plug in the Micro SD
5. Plug in the USB (to power up the G1W-C)
6. The screen goes blank for few second, and then boot up
7. Check the firmware version. it should be 2014.0813.11
8. Format Your card using the G1W-C
9. Try to reboot if the problem still exist (mine works fine after 4-5times reboot)
10. Hope this work for you guys.

Your google account drive requires you give permission to access the file......:(

It made me ask for permission. Name you should see asking is 65dieselprogrammer.

Please use this link for a moment. It is the same file as above file.
https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/qs862r
Thanks for the link, but are you certain that firmware is intended for the G1W-C?

When I open the zip file, it says FW96650A on the bin.

When I google that bin, I get results for the SJ4000 and the occasional reference to the LS388W.

Neither are capacitor models.

Maybe I'm just not understanding how the Bin is labeled?

Thanks for the link, but are you certain that firmware is intended for the G1W-C?

When I open the zip file, it says FW96650A on the bin.

When I google that bin, I get results for the SJ4000 and the occasional reference to the LS388W.

I am sure this is the file I am using. My g1w-c use this file.
Note that my g1w-c is blueskysea model.
Always use on your own risk. Mine works perfectly without problem

Most of the camera use the Novatek 96650 chip have the same firmware name.
Blueskysea version is also the right firmware for G1W-C.

The reason I ask is that I have read g1w firmware on a g1w-c does not shut down fast enough to prevent corrupting the last file.

Mine should be a "blueskysea" model from estore009. Maybe it will already come with the latest firmware. I won't know until it gets here, which should be in the next week or so.

:)

Back