Firmware for G90 Ambarella A7LA70 with GPS

не смешите :) , глонас тут не при чём.
у меня много было разных car dvr gps и все работали исправно, а g90 наверно бракованный :(
разбирать g90 я не хочу, я же не специалист по электронике, мне по душе тюнинг автомобилей.
здесь три варианта:
1. g90 no gps
2. module gps сломан
3. g90 бракованый. Вот что я думаю.

Do not tell :) I had a lot of different car dvr gps and everything worked fine, and probably defective :( g90, g90 disassemble I do not want, I'm not an expert in electronics, I like tuning cars. Here are three options: 1. g90 no gps 2. module gps broken 3. g90 Rejection. That's what I think.

не смешите :) , глонас тут не при чём.
у меня много было разных car dvr gps и все работали исправно, а g90 наверно бракованный :(
разбирать g90 я не хочу, я же не специалист по электронике, мне по душе тюнинг автомобилей.
здесь три варианта:
1. g90 no gps
2. module gps сломан
3. g90 бракованый. Вот что я думаю.

Do not tell :) I had a lot of different car dvr gps and everything worked fine, and probably defective :( g90, g90 disassemble I do not want, I'm not an expert in electronics, I like tuning cars. Here are three options: 1. g90 no gps 2. module gps broken 3. g90 Rejection. That's what I think.

If the GPS icon is staying grey then either...
1) Your cameras is faulty.
2) Your GPS receiver is faulty.
3) Your camera is a non-GPS version.
I'm not sure how you can tell the camera models apart as there are no distinguishing marks on the body and no indication in the settings, so getting the wrong camera would be very easy.
With the GPS version the AV port is used for the GPS receiver, so I'd guess that it no longer function as an AV out.
You could try and connect it as an AV out and if it works then you've most likely been given a non-GPS version by mistake.

Hello everyone I have G90c w/ GPS and the r439m firmware that DeLorean supplied works like a charm with it. Originaly it had 553-s-h when I got it, but I didn´t like the GPS speed bug on display.

I contacted forum user Reverend because he has a newer FW in his unit - v.604. Hopefully He will upload it somewhere.

4DeLorean: where did you learn to speak Slovak ?

Good for you ;-)

I have contacted CZDome about a new FW for G90C w/GPS and also because I need a new mount, so hopefully they answer ASAP.

I think Dome are in the high 600 range in terms of firmware releases now?

I'll extract the firmware I have later on and get it uploaded :)

I haven't actually tried the GPS module in mine yet as was just testing that the focus was ok in heat with the new lens holder (it is) but from that video above it looks like the camera is going into AV mode when it's connected - not sure if that's expected as I've never hooked up the module?

who knows. This model with gps?

Looking at your video I'd say you don't have a GPS version of the G90, however I don't have the leads to see if the GPS ports on mine will also acts as an AV port (I use HDMI).
However until someone actually proves that the port is only for GPS on this model its probably best we don't assume.
Just loaded up firmware v654 (G90-ZX-A770-654-S-H) for G90 + GPS
It doesn't offer any new features or options over earlier ones and time-lapse still can't be used with HDR enabled.
However is does irritatingly superimpose your speed on the video with no option to disable it, so back to firmware v439 I go.
It's frustrating that CZDome don't have an official channel for releasing firmwares and documenting their changes.
-=>x<=-
Глядя на видео, я бы сказал, что вы не имеете GPS версию G90, однако у меня нет провода, чтобы убедиться, GPS порты на шахте будет также выступает в качестве AV порт (я использую HDMI).
Однако, пока кто-то на самом деле не докажет, что порт только для GPS на этой модели его, вероятно, лучшее, что мы не предполагаем.
Просто загрузили v654 прошивка (G90-ZX-A770-654-SH) для G90 + GPS
Она не предлагает никаких новых функций или опций более ранних и покадровой еще не может быть использован при включенном HDR.
Однако есть ли раздражающе наложить свою скорость на видео с другого выбора, чтобы отключить его, так что обратно на прошивку v439 я иду.
Это раздражает, что CZDome не имеет официального канала для выпуска прошивки и документирования их изменения.

Last edited:
My firmware wish list:
1) Option to display speed on display (and in MPH would be nice), but not in the recorded video.
2) Option to display GPS coordinates on the display and an option to record this on video.
3) Clock set/corrected by GPS.
4) Emergency button protects a reasonable amount of video (configurable) rather than just a few seconds.
5) Option control the LEDs behaviours as this can attract unwanted attention at night as they glow brightly through the Micro SD card slot when the camera is viewed from the side.
6) HDR option available in more resolutions.
7) Any other bells and whistles :)
P.S. I'm probably asking too much for a dashcam that retails at such a low price.

Last edited:
Hi DeLorean,

I don't think you're asking too much. It's just common sense and most of the functions are just a matter of tweaking the software. It depends on how much the manufacturer cares about customer feedback. Maybe we should write it down and send the list to them as a group.

For me I wish for:
1) an option to show/hide speed in video (without the bug where the speed covers the time stamp)
2) an option to show/hide gps coordinates in video
3) an option to turn on/off the LED in memory card slot (why is it there anyway?)

Good upgrade (but would require some engineering so I don't get my hopes up):
4) a more convenient mount already equipped with the gps sensor
5) better microphone without the sound crackling and static noise

I haven't used the emergency function yet. How long does it record?

If I remember correctly the emergency function stores about 10 seconds or so.
A couple of second before the incident and then the rest after.
Really it should isolate the whole recorded section (in my case 5 minutes).

I don't know if the speedo bug is still present in firmware 654 as I gave it a try and promptly took it back off (went back to r439m) as I don't want the speed to be displayed on the video.
As r439m is 100% stable I'll stick it for the time being until a version with new features is released.

I was surprised when I received my dashcam that the GPS wasn't in the mount.
I have a lot of kit that I use for driving around Europe and managed to find an elegant solution... I'll post a pic soon.

My microphone is very good without any crackling... try replacing the supplied USB power adaptor as mine was crap and produced a high pitch squeal on the video.

I have found out that the quality of sound is highly sensitive to vibrations and loud noise (running motor ?).

When a car doesn't move, you can hear a squeeling (static) noise in the background (I´ll try different power adapters) but dialogs are pretty clear and you can hear other sounds outside the car as well. But when you start going, the dialogs are getting unclear or inaudible and the worse the road is the worse the noise is getting. When I drive on a bad road, all I can hear is loud noise.

I have uploaded 4 examples of that behaviour:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!hAs2SLqJ!lT2Hj0GuSTIJ20jN4VHvqw

1)
booting up the camera - voices are clear, just a slight squeeling background noise.
at 0:34 when the motor is fired up you can hear the voice getting worse for a second (0:37-0:40) then at 0:50 the voice is good again

2)
the motor is running, voices are clear until 0:48 when the car starts going - you can immediately hear the noise

3)
the car is going across cat heads (this is how we call those small road bricks), the noise is very bad.
than we drive slowly on a good pavement road but you can hear loud noise - for ex. when the car is accelerating

4)
driving on an pavement road - voices are barely audible. at 0:29 driving on a bad road and all you can hear is bad noise

I used firmware 439 for the GPS version courtesy of DeLorean. I will try to load FW 654 now if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
Yuck... that sounds horrible, the audio on mine sounds almost perfect.
It could be noise produced on the car's electrics, so it may be worth:
1) Try another power adapter.
2) Try making a short recording using the cameras internal battery whilst driving (it only lasts a few minutes) and see if the sound is still distorted.
Also cars that use the CAN bus protocol can create a hell of a lot of noise on the cars electrics.
My Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer use to cause me lots of problems until I used good quality USB adapters.
I am using a Blackberry USB car adapter to power my G90.
Here's a picture of my Renault in your home country (in the town of Třinec) a few years back whilst on our way to SK... poor car was scrapped a few weeks ago :-(

IMGP4052.jpg

Last edited:
That is a weird noise and isn't alternator whine like I expected to hear in your clips - I do tend to use the Scosche USBC242M for the none permanent dashcams I have in the car and that's been ok for me.

G90 sound very very very bad !!!
usb adapter is good, because the other car dvr with sound okay :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V G90 1
Bo$s G90 3
Pianoman144 G90 1
camerahanhtrinhvn.com G90 6
V G90 2
Back