Reply From BlackVue Regarding Overheating

VSGCowboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Thinkware F800 Pro
Hi guys, here is a reply from BlackVue. I think they made an obvious typo when referring to 12 degrees C, but nonetheless, they are aware of the issue.

Noman (BlackVue)
Jul 11, 23:14 PDT

Hello VSGCowboy

It is true that we are working on the scenario to overcome the exceeded temperature shut down issue. The threshold is not set very low but is adequate to the operating level of all electronic devices.

The issue is when the car is parked under sunlight during day time, with the camera running, the temperature inside the car reaches about 65 degree Celicus which makes the inside temperature of dashcam more than 12 degree celcius, a temperature inimical to any electronic device.

We took into consideration that an outside temperature of 30 degree Celcius is normal and users cannot avoid parking the car under sun, for this reason we are devising a strategy to lower the processing of dashcam during parking mode. Lower processing could help in less heat generation.

Hope it answers your query.
Let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team

That being said, I have purchased one that is scheduled to be installed Tuesday the 17th. At this point I am seriously considering changing to a different dashcam. I have chatted online with several retailers, and one of them recommended the F800 Pro to survive the scorching southern heat in parking mode.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks!

I take that 12 degree "typo" as them meaning the internal temp will be 12 C higher than the ambient by design. So, if the interior of the car gets to 65 C the camera internals are expected to be 77 C which they have deemed to be the upper limit and shut the unit off to protect it.
I think..

And the statement that "lower processing could help". Probably won't but could.

I'd advise those of us with overheating and shutdown problems to keep the pressure on them for a firmware fix.

This dashcam is way too expensive for it shutting down.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'd advise those of us with overheating and shutdown problems to keep the pressure on them for a firmware fix.

This dashcam is way too expensive for it shutting down.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree, what do you think would be a good action item for us kick things off? Perhaps emailing them or exposure to the problem via their facebook page?

I think dash cam manufactures and radar detector manufacturers Rush to get their New products out as fast as possible without enough real life testing and with disregard for their customers. products get rushed out that over heat, get locked up, don't have the required accessories available before launch of a new product its all about get it out to the customers we need money stop testing and making sure its ready for the general public just sell it and we will worry about it later and stall the public till we fix the stuff that should of been done before the launch. they all have bad QC, it is just ridiculous

Hi guys, here is a reply from BlackVue. I think they made an obvious typo when referring to 12 degrees C, but nonetheless, they are aware of the issue.

Noman (BlackVue)

Hello VSGCowboy

It is true that we are working on the scenario to overcome the exceeded temperature shut down issue. The threshold is not set very low but is adequate to the operating level of all electronic devices.

The issue is when the car is parked under sunlight during day time, with the camera running, the temperature inside the car reaches about 65 degree Celicus which makes the inside temperature of dashcam more than 12 degree celcius, a temperature inimical to any electronic device.

We took into consideration that an outside temperature of 30 degree Celcius is normal and users cannot avoid parking the car under sun, for this reason we are devising a strategy to lower the processing of dashcam during parking mode. Lower processing could help in less heat generation.

Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team

That being said, I have purchased one that is scheduled to be installed Tuesday the 17th. At this point I am seriously considering changing to a different dashcam. I have chatted online with several retailers, and one of them recommended the F800 Pro to survive the scorching southern heat in parking mode.

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks!
where is the Apology from the manufacture? not even sorry for this inconvenience, nothing they just blame it on the Sun...lol. thats not professional

Noman (BlackVue)

Hello VSGCowboy

Best Regards
BlackVue Support Team

Any thoughts guys?

Thanks!
You obviously have not fixed the heat issue. My first DR900S lasted less than 2 weeks and the replacement is cutting out in parking mode even in my garage. I’m questioning Blackvue if there product is fit for purpose in Australia and am awaiting their response.

See my avatar .. no issues. There is some benefit for living where I do. For the record .. -5C / 23F right now, I think that should do it.

You obviously have not fixed the heat issue. My first DR900S lasted less than 2 weeks and the replacement is cutting out in parking mode even in my garage. I’m questioning Blackvue if there product is fit for purpose in Australia and am awaiting their response.

Mine was replaced the other week.

If it continues to reboot, I will be asking dashcam australia for a full refund - if that doesn't work its ombudsman.

Mine was replaced the other week.

If it continues to reboot, I will be asking dashcam australia for a full refund - if that doesn't work its ombudsman.

most of the dealers have been swapping them out to the 750s when they go wrong

When they go wrong.

"ombudsman" one of a few Nordic words that are used in other languages in its original form, i almost fell of the chair when i first time heard that word used by a English speaker.
I think the word / term originate from Sweden.
We Danes do not use it for our consumer watchdog organization, but out parliament do have a ombudsmand.

When they go wrong.

"ombudsman" one of a few Nordic words that are used in other languages in its original form, i almost fell of the chair when i first time heard that word used by a English speaker.
I think the word / term originate from Sweden.
We Danes do not use it for our consumer watchdog organization, but out parliament do have a ombudsmand.
I think most countries only use it for someone who deals with complaints by the public against the government, or government controlled organisations, which was the original Swedish use. I think the Danish word has a slightly different meaning, not to do with complaints but just communication between government and the people...

Reading your post, which are right, i just recalled we actually call our "guy" the consumer ombudsmand :rolleyes:

https://www.consumerombudsman.dk/

The Danish Consumer Ombudsman is an independent public authority which supervises compliance with Danish marketing law.

Who we are
One of our most important tasks is to ensure that trade, business and public enterprises comply with the Danish Marketing Practices Act and the principles of fair marketing ...
Strategy and vision
Negotiation, dialogue and enforcement are the cornerstones of the Consumer Ombudsman's strategy paper, adopted in 2007.
Complaint procedure
Traders and consumers that are not resident in Denmark also have access to lodge complaints with the Danish Consumer Ombudsman if they come across misleading marketing activities emanating from Denmark or for example receive unsolicited commercial communication.
International cooperation
Find information about the Danish Consumer Ombudsman's international work and partners. International exchange of information remains an important source of inspiration for the DCO in his work.

Reading your post, which are right, i just recalled we actually call our "guy" the consumer ombudsmand :rolleyes:

https://www.consumerombudsman.dk/
Are all your government websites written in perfect English?

I did find the Danish version, it seemed to be a straight translation with nothing missing!

O yes.
we do our best to accommodate anyone, you could say we are the 22 century Gentlemen.
TXT TV you will also find it Swahili and a few more languages from the African / Arabian countries that find Denmark popular except when we make fun of the prophet.

Word of the day ‘inimical’
Replaces yesterday’s word ‘mellifluous’
Which itself replaced the day’s before of ‘cornucopia’

Back