DVR207 replacement power cable?

KvR said:
Horsepow3r said:
KvR said:
I ordered this one at AliExpress. It is on the way between China and Germany.
KVR, after you've tested the cable, please update us. :)
The cable arrived. It is much better than the original one. I did some testing.

On DAB (digital radio, 174-240 MHz) it slightly influences the signal which can only be observed on a very weak signal. I did the reception test on my Alpine CDE-136BT car radio with a Swiss transmitter on channel 12C (227.360 MHz), 135 km away.

Interesting phenomenon for FM: when plugging in the DVR207, there is a lot of noise which disappears after a couple of seconds. It seems that a suppression capacitor inside the car charger does some good work in reducing the interference coming from the DVR207.

You said the cable you ordered is much better than the original.

Which one has the suppression capacitor? (the original, or the new AliExpress one?) or both?

Did you plug into your Cigarette Lighter socket or did you hard wire it to your car power hidden from view? (I'd like to hide it) Should I buy a female Cigarette lighter wire adapter, or crack open the adapter and wire from there. I'd like to keep the spare cable for when I go on road trips in my friends cars.

It seems the updated DVR-207GS model has the FM noise as well:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1094&p=13310

I haven't bought one yet so I'd like to better understand what to expect and buy all the right stuff.

EDIT: I just saw this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=894

"DVR207 only: My car radio does not work / Radio interference issues occur
It's known that DVR charger may cause radio interference issues, you can try to change the charger to another or ask seller to ship you a better one. The seller has told that units shipping from 16 March 2013 will be packed with new charger, which should fix the problems."

Last edited by a moderator:
JazJon said:
Which one has the suppression capacitor? (the original, or the new AliExpress one?) or both?

I am not a technician, but it seems that the AliExpress one has something inside which eliminates the interference nearly completely. The original cable that was included with the camera before 16 March 2013 is making the radio part of my car radio nearly unusable. As some of us suppose, the interference is caused by the camera itself and scattered by the old cable.

estore009 sent me the newer cable for my second DVR207 but it did not arrive yet. I will share my experiences with that one here as soon as I got it.

My DVR207GS ordered from estore009 definitely had the FM interference issue.

They kindly sent me two replacement chargers, one which was the same as the original with a large 'magnet clip' - (their words, is it a ferrite loop?) on the cord, and another, higher amperage one (looks similar to the Ali Express one above) with a small magnet clip.

I've been running with the second charger in my car for the past couple of days, and the FM interference appears to be gone. However, it still seems to be interfering with the car GPS - I keep losing signal and it won't connect back again. I don't tend to use the GPS too often, so it's not too huge a issue, but it is a bit of a pain.

estore009 has promised me several items, including a new power supply. Only one of them ever arrived, a single ferrite clamp worth pennies.

I consider this merchant to be one of the poorest eBay retailers (and I've bought hundreds of items on eBay)

I have a DVR XX7 (rip-off, I believe) that causes severe radio interference. Today, I was in Target and found a car charger with your choice of two different end plugs. I chose the one with mini and micro usb plugs so I can also use it with my phone. I selected the cheapest one at $15.99 (US dollars). It works PERFECTLY.
The one I bought is manufactured by "Just Wireless" and fits "Motorola". They had others by other manufacturers going up in price to nearly $30.00.
Now, if only I could get the DVR to work.

Larry H in Virginia

larry h said:
I have a DVR XX7 (rip-off, I believe) that causes severe radio interference. Today, I was in Target and found a car charger with your choice of two different end plugs. I chose the one with mini and micro usb plugs so I can also use it with my phone. I selected the cheapest one at $15.99 (US dollars). It works PERFECTLY.
The one I bought is manufactured by "Just Wireless" and fits "Motorola". They had others by other manufacturers going up in price to nearly $30.00.
Now, if only I could get the DVR to work.

Larry H in Virginia
Do you have a SKU number for that charger? Wait, if the DVR isn't working, how do you know the charger works well?

My charger works PERFECTLY. My DVR does not follow menu settings. I finally got it to work continually, 24/7. No night vision, no motion detection, 24 hour power through my new car charger.
SKU # 03083.

It is my guess that any charger licensed to sell in the U.S. (and probably any place but China) must not cause interference.
btw, the one I bought for MOTOROLA products was made in China.

good luck Larry H

I've tried twice now to order from above and twice I got an email next day saying "unable to process your payment due to security reasons".

I haven't a clue what that means and it's really annoying. Never had a problem ordering from China before but never ordered from AliExpress before.

I particularly wanted this one because I think mine has packed in and this one has a 4m cable.

Back