Shadow GT680W Died

robertthegreat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well after getting the camera delivered the first day i had to check it out was the 25th So unboxed it what a quality box ,just getting light in to the car plugged it in took about a minute to start thought the battery was flat. put me car Reg number in checked all the settings took for a short drive to see if in the right place.
Next day it started ok did some shopping seen a few people got home pulled the sd card out check the footage very clear video. Put the sd back in. today went got the car out noticed the camera had not started stopped the car tried again nothing just the blue light lit up, So took the camera into house tried with the usb cable in the box to the computer only the blue light lit nothing else . Not going to mess with it so returned it to Joovuu for replacement. Anybody else had the same problem.

I had similar experience, but can't describe specific behavior. For me the wrong side of the gps antenna was facing the sky. The unit continued to seek a gps lock until the battery was exhausted. It came back to life after restoring a charge. This was the case until I flipped the antenna. I'm waiting another month before posting on the threat for one year trouble free service. My second GT680W was just delivered to replace a dashcam I have without display.

I'm embarrassed to say I berated the provider into sending a replacement antenna and then frustrated by delay, purchased one seperately. Theirs arrived just before I took the time to switch antenna's, which was also the day I discovered my folly.

I decided on a second GT680W because I have a purchased antenna and am reluctant to be first with new models. Since their latest unit incorporates gps antenna and includes obd, I have second thoughts only because newer is better and the cost will be insignificant the first time I need it, both total and difference.

Since I have an audience, I applaud the folks here who helped format my 64gb to fat32. IMHO, Microsoft's synthetic 32gb limit disservices all. Doubling or more HD recording capacity is a game changer. I near exclusively use MS products, but am glad I found through here others in the game.

I suggest all providers assemble more detailed instructions with thorough troubleshooting guidance.

Well after getting the camera delivered the first day i had to check it out was the 25th So unboxed it what a quality box ,just getting light in to the car plugged it in took about a minute to start thought the battery was flat. put me car Reg number in checked all the settings took for a short drive to see if in the right place.
Next day it started ok did some shopping seen a few people got home pulled the sd card out check the footage very clear video. Put the sd back in. today went got the car out noticed the camera had not started stopped the car tried again nothing just the blue light lit up, So took the camera into house tried with the usb cable in the box to the computer only the blue light lit nothing else . Not going to mess with it so returned it to Joovuu for replacement. Anybody else had the same problem.

I ordered a few and they were half expectedly all flat....

They need to be given a full charge on usb or in the car until the red light is on before using them for recording...

I did leave it on charge for a while but all the dashcams i have had always start up even when the battery is flat
It worked ok on the second day so why not today.

Back