Shadow GT680W Warranty

Jororo Kill

Reaction score
Country
United States
Anyone here ever have to send one of these bad boys into the manufacturer for warranty service? Mine just went belly-up after six months, and I'm struggling to find info online about the warranty process.

I bought it from Amazon, but they're just the middle man--control over returns within the 30 day trial period, yes; the go-to for warranties, no.

Ouh no...

I buyed GT680W from Foxoffer (beginning of december) and now camera is not working as i expect...

Send a mail to foxoffer -> no answer
Send a mail to Seezeus -> no answer...

All recorded videos, plays too fast.

Playback speed is 150fps. I tried VLC player, MPC and WIndows Media player all plays
them same speed (150fps).

It seems that one second consist 6 frames, instead of 25 or 30 frames.

Also when GPS module is connected whole camera goes black...

Firmware version of GT680W is now V3.2G

you haven't got the motion detect setting on (that records at 5fps) by chance have you?

also check your GPS isn't connected to the AV out as that will cause the screen to go black

you haven't got the motion detect setting on (that records at 5fps) by chance have you?

also check your GPS isn't connected to the AV out as that will cause the screen to go black

Thanks for tip. i Will check it out.

Is there any tool to download this firmware ? i think 3.2G is latest version?

my advice is don't update the firmware unless there is a problem and you get the firmware from whoever you bought the camera from, for whatever reason there are multiple hardware versions of this camera that use different firmware but the firmware is not numbered differently for the different versions, very easy to end up with a camera that doesn't work at all

my advice is don't update the firmware unless there is a problem and you get the firmware from whoever you bought the camera from, for whatever reason there are multiple hardware versions of this camera that use different firmware but the firmware is not numbered differently for the different versions, very easy to end up with a camera that doesn't work at all

Ok. Thanks for info.

No, well functioning is 2.9, latest (no changes) is 3.0, your firmware might be bad?

Last edited:
No, well functioning is 2.9, latest (no changes) is 3.0, your firmware might be bad?

Ouch... i just noticed...

Downloading firmware - i mean that is there any tool to download firmware from camera to computer. This is mean to those people, who want to test if this newer (V3.2g) firmware works on their GT680W camera (with a own risk).

Thank for tip. Now it works :)

the fault was between a wheel and the bench :)

Back