DR500GW-HD self bricked?

So the unknowing will be confused LOL

The 500 has a capacitor as a main backup power supply and the little button battery to retain settings .

So hopefully will help explain for those having trouble

Ёлы-палы. Я тебе про Фому, а ты мне про Ерему.
Не знаю как это тебе объяснить на английском, но суть в том, акум seiko для работы жпс (дата, время, спутники и т.д.). А конденсатор (о замене которого речь собственно и идет) для корректного завершения работы.
Захочешь - переведешь.

Little help translating for @alexsoll

"Don't know how to explain to you in English, but the main point is that "Seiko battery" is for GPS functions (date, time, satellites and etc). While a capacitor (about which we are talking to replace) for actual completion of task.

If you have desire - then translate"

OK thanks, so is that an off the shelf capacitor? I have a friend who I'm sure can do the job for me, as I'm not confident to do the job myself and do not have the kit to do it anyway.

Neoncek also posted about this over at car-dvr.info and the administrator MiO970 had the instructions that fixed his unit - and I was able to do the same repair on mine! http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=801.0

I also had my Blackvue self-brick, with it booting to the Korean "upgrade failed" error message. I think it bricked after the Blackvue was powered off whilst it was still originally booting up & it corrupted itself. (I only moved my car from driveway to garage)

Back