2013 New F90 H.264 Dual Lens Car DVR w/G-Sensor Full HD 1920

Digital

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

Newbie to the dash cam world. Been doing a lot of reading and watching a lot of videos and I don't know if I've confused myself more but love this site and the fact that there is a community here to answer questions!

I am looking to get a dash cam that fulfills the following criteria:

- Obviously a good quality picture (HD) - understand that night footage is not that good, but would settle for average night (a must to see licence plates in well lit areas etc)
- Relatively incognito unit
- External rear camera to film road at back of car
- Motion detection for recording when parked (heat resistant - decent battery)

Preferred but not essential: GPS logging

I have read both here and other places on the internet that at the moment there are no multi-channel cameras that record in FULL HD. My question is:

Does this camera which seems to be a "2013" model truly do that and does anyone know of this camera or has bought one recently? Can anyone provide more information as to whether this suits my criteria above?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/In-Stock ... 18956.html

Look forward to your response(s) :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: 2013 New F90 H.264 Dual Lens Car DVR w/G-Sensor Full HD

I think the topic title is too "fantastic".
The camera was launched in spring 2012.
I think is the same as Rexing MX3.
Nowhere is described the rear camera resolution.
The chipset should be Allwinner F20, but in some places the maximul resolution is 1080p at 20 fps, on another at 25fps and on antorher is just 720p@30fps.

If you will find some video recordings with this camera remember it must have top-left green date on black background.
If you want to see car number plates during day or something during night I think it is not a good option.

enjoy,
Mtz

This F90 / Rexing MX3, is likely quite similar internally to the i1000 / f70. Video quality is the main drawback.

Great, thanks guys. Thought this was too good to be true... just that I'd never seen this particular model before..

Back to the drawing board!

i have seen an upgraded version online for the main unit - this time with 30FPS for the FULL HD 1080p. with the newer amberalla chipset. and its called f90G on many sites..

http://supa-auto.en.made-in-china.com/p ... -905-.html

Hi p_dashcam,

Thanks for sharing. Like usual the Ambarella versions are not dual cameras even though they shoot HD.

If anyone can post some samples from this camera we would appreciate it. thanks.

Personally I feel the current Chinese dual cams are not up to scratch, they'll get there but a bit early yet, at this point in time I think I'd run two seperate cameras in preference

I found this video from the F90 - apparently from an Australian reseller on ebay.au
If you find his front hood interesting this video explains his hobby :D

Hey sudo, you wouldn't happen to know the seller id of this guy? Thanks in advance..

Thanks Forwhoster! I'm still deciding which to buy...

might wait for the newer models to come out with better quality rear cameras...

You'll see some choices in dual 1080p out this year

thanks for the heads up!

are you guys using one that you're happy with atm?

Digital said:
thanks for the heads up!

are you guys using one that you're happy with atm?

ours is not ready yet, our dual 1080p model is scheduled for August at this stage, I'm sure there'll be others out before us though

Back