Wifi amplifier

VincentMiata said:
Has anyone tried something like this to amplify the signal from the DR500?

http://dx.com/p/bfd-f8-mini-portable-15 ... ite-196774

im wondering the same thing; it's getting frustrating trying to watch the videos and getting the 'signal is too weak' message constantly.

i have something similar for my home network and it works well, but im not sure if the dr500's wifi can be increased in the same way.

for you guys who are having weak wifi signals, how are you watching the videos on your cam? are you taking the microsd card out and transferring to your computer? isn't that really inconvenient?

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to use a range extender, and it seemed to be trying. But the camera wouldn't cooperate. It would connect to the extender but then connector from anything to the camera via that extender didn't seem to work.

Also, the camera doesn't seem to like attempting to connect two devices at once. Like if my Surface and my laptop connect at the same time the second one to connect gets no data and a flaky connection.

brianman said:
I tried to use a range extender, and it seemed to be trying. But the camera wouldn't cooperate. It would connect to the extender but then connector from anything to the camera via that extender didn't seem to work.

Also, the camera doesn't seem to like attempting to connect two devices at once. Like if my Surface and my laptop connect at the same time the second one to connect gets no data and a flaky connection.

yea, ive noticed that. it seems that blackvue set it up so that the wifi only allows one device to connect to it a time.

maybe the extender would count as one of the connected devices, so then a phone or computer wouldn't be able to connect at the same time.

Back