zdrive-hdi

druphus

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought a zetronix zdrive-hdi and it is total junk.

I "like" their logo slogan: "Zetronix, - state of the art". Art of what, - selling junk at high-end product prices ? :)

Date & Time Stamp
The zDrive-HDi includes a built-in menu for easy date and time set up. First time you use it simply adjust the date and time to your current location. Every video or photo takes or recorded with the zDrive-HDi will have a superimposed date and time stamp in the bottom right corner of the video. - See more at: http://www.zetronix.com/720p-HD-Ult...a(203)/product_info.html#sthash.5C2YYqsG.dpuf

AMAZING!!!

Their sample video looked like the quality from one of those terrible Russian dashcams.

Their sample video looked like the quality from one of those terrible Russian dashcams.
FYI, there are no Russian dashcams ! They all made in China and anyone can order brand name, depending on customer request and price ( usually MOQ is 1K pcs and you can put your own name on any low quality dashcam ). There are many quite good ( close to high-end class ) Russian branded dashcams but again, - there are made in China.
If Zetronix ( USA ) are branding some Chinese low quality built dashcams, it doesnt mean "... those low quality American dashcams".
Few other "low quality American dashcams": Cobra, HP, Garmin etc. They have in their portfolio high and low quality built dashcams.
We can not say even for all "made in China" stuff - its crap. Its all depend how much customer is ready to pay. China makes ultra high-end stuff as well which can compete with other countries. You get what you pay, but of course in case of Zetronix its many times overpriced. Here I agree.

FYI, there are no Russian dashcams ! They all made in China
Good point-- I wrote it poorly. China makes everything from top-quality stuff to the worst of the worst. I have no idea what's actually made in Russia. (are Novatek chips made there?).

What I had intended to convey was that there is so much horrible-quality dashcam footage that comes out of Russia. I don't know if it's because it gets posted to Russian video sites, stolen and re-uploaded to Youtube, which re-encodes it again... But really, so much crap-quality video footage that isn't nearly up even 720p standard........

The profit they make on that must be close to 228.99USD.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Dash Cam Discussion 1
mstoetz1 Dash Cam Discussion 1
Back