4 Channel Dashcam, any interest?

TaiwanGuy

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Hey guys, I'm living over here in Taiwan and at a technology expo, of course, saw many many vendors pushing DashCams. Here's one, 4 channels, all into the rear-view style setup. It's a bad picture of the flyer, but you can see the four cameras simultaneously. But, 18,800 is about 600 dollars. Quite steep.4CHsystem.jpg

What do you think?

No issue with $600 dashcams but strongly suspect this isn't going to deliver the kind of performance you'd expect for the money

This model has been out for some time. Cheapest I could find for the moment is 12'800, but even for that price the specifications are from "stone age" ( Video resolution is only D1 and CIF per channel). Clip on mirrors are forbidden in many countries and they are not safe to use.

a0.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a5.jpg

a6.jpg

I use a "4 channel" system using two 2 channel systems. I would love this form factor but I suspect the video quality won't be there.

@niko, your knowledge of dash cams is amazing!

Its just a matter of remembering what and where you saw last time from other forums. Not always I can remember everything, my personal "RAM and HDD" is getting worn out. [emoji6]

As long as you remember what to do with your memory stick ;)
It makes it that much funnier coming from a person named Woody :D

Back