Dual Separate Lens HD 720P Car DVR Dashboard vehicle Camera

PhilTGT

Reaction score
I recently purchased this dual lens dash cam from Niximtech on eBay, and am reasonably happy with it, well for the price actually I'm very happy :)

img.auctiva.com_imgdata_1_3_4_9_4_7_9_webimg_603295027_o.jpg

I don't know the actual model of the cam, so I don't know if it is a popular model or not as I know the same product can be sold under many different guises. The quality of the front camera is pretty good, and the rear camera is only average, but it wasn't advertised as anything else so I'm not complaining. I have linked some video I took yesterday out in the snow

Front cam

Rear cam

The only issue I am having with the rear cam is that the image is reversed, does anyone know if there is an easy way to rectify this ?

The other issue I am having is with the software supplied to view both cams together with the GPS position and speed data. The information is being recorded as it shows on the top of the front cam, but it does not get read by the software. This is the "no name" software that came in the box, is there other software available that might be better ?

img.auctiva.com_imgdata_1_3_4_9_4_7_9_webimg_604173047_o.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dual Separate Lens HD 720P Car DVR Dashboard vehicle Cam

Hi PhilTGT,

Wow, looks like a big snowstorm. This camera is called the X8 or X8L. You can find more info on the following sites:

X8 from Shenzhen Givoe (Chinese distributor)
X8 from Dome Technology (Chinese distributor)
X8L from Dome Technology (Chinese distributor)

I believe there are 2 versions. One without GPS for around $80 and one with GPS like you purchased for around $100. Based on the menus for the non-GPS camera, this seems to be similar to the i1000 / F70 Dual Lens Camera. Are your menus similar? What firmware came with the camera?

i00.i.aliimg.com_img_pb_817_004_507_507004817_761.jpg

The reversed rear cam issue is a problem with some of the i1000 / F70 models as well. I don't know of a fix for it. Also if I find any alternative software for dual cameras with GPS software, I will share it. Perhaps contact Givoe or Dome Technology?

Thanks for providing feedback on the camera and I'm glad you are happy with it.

Thanks for the information, I have emailed the vendor and also Dome Technology, but I don't expect a reply.

The screen shots you provided are exactly what I see, but I don't know where to find the firmware information. If i go to "version" on the menu it simply gives the date of manufacture 12-07-11, at least that's what i think it is.

Hi PhilTGT,

The version is the firmware number (the date of the firmware). It is not the same as the i1000 / f70 probably due to the GPS capabilities of this unit.

Thanks for sharing the info.

This is X8L dual camera car dvr, it is stop production now .
Find more dual lens car dvr on here: http://goo.gl/nZYMx

PhilTGT, one curiosity:

Based on your location info I suppose you took a test drive in Canada. However the GPS coordinates (at least the longitude) shown in your sample video footage would be slightly off position then (northern Italy :shock:).

If they are always that wrong, you won`t need any software to watch them anyway...

BTW, not that I am "tracking" you, but 45N 07E seemed somewhat familiar to me, so I checked it out.

Regards (from central Italy 43N 12E),

Hans

The same reversed image happens also on the F70 model. in a different forum i saw some people that asked for a new camera from the seller and the reversed image issue does not occur there. im not sure, but i think its an issue with the cable from the rear camera to the main unit.

Hello,
reverse Image is a problem only with the rear externel lens.Its not a problem on the DVR or cable.
Some manufacturer uses a " I-Phone "Lens" with inverted Image to make backward Parking a litle bit easier .
I think this "feature" is Bull****.

I have the same problem with my HD 720 P (F70).
I make a test with my SamsungHomecamcorder and connect av out of them into rear-Cam-In from my HD 720P and the image was ok, not inverted.Also the Problem is the external Lens !
The seller will send me now a another not inverted external Lens , because i buy a Car DVR - not a backward Parking Monitor

Thomas

dlw_sohle said:
Hello,
reverse Image is a problem only with the rear externel lens.Its not a problem on the DVR or cable.
Some manufacturer uses a " I-Phone "Lens" with inverted Image to make backward Parking a litle bit easier .
I think this "feature" is Bull****.

Thomas

It would be easy and simple if the manufacturer implemented in the firmware an option to allow vertical and horzontal flip.
Then it could fit everyone's need!

Fez

hi,
I got a link for some software for the x2 f70 i1000 dual camera today from aliexpress Givoe

http://www.givoe.com/upload/file/2013-0 ... -Menus.zip

I posted it in another post, hopefully it is of use to some others.

lol

I'm coming at this from a different direction, and found this forum while looking for further info...
I am/was hoping to use a small camcorder (Pana HDC-SD9) for my front facing camera, as I have one with a broken screen. To get screen functionality I bought a 7" monitor and reversing camera, as per this link (but widely available on eB). The monitor has dual AV inputs, so can support front and rear cams. The nice thing aboout it that may interest you guys is that it can reverse and flip the image, either with the menu buttons or included remote. The rear cam is designed for park assist so is reversed, and has the mandatory and unwanted guidelines that many reversing cameras have.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rear-View ... 23283dd005

Why I'm still searching, is because I wanted to maybe add a recording facility for the rear cam (not necessarily the current one!) that would also permit playback of any other content recorded on an SD card; like a movie, but nothing affordable found so far.

Hi all,
I have had one of these units for some time now, I have never been able to get the software to work. Has any one found other software for these units? It appears that the gps and g-sensor data is store within the movie itself and none of the software I have found can read the info.

thanks in advance

Dave

where can I get this for $100 with GPS ??

I don't care about the GPS software if it overlays the GPS and Speed info directly on the screen!

how is it at night? don't need it to be great just usable. :)

Seperate files front and back? gigs per hour for each camera? (just tell me how many MB and how long a "chunk" is from daytime for each lens)

Back