Roadeyes dashcam

Mikk36 said:
Code:
RecMini: 640x480 30fps    / 130 €
RecNeo:  640x480 30fps    / 200 €
RecDuo:  640x480 30fps x2 / 280 €
RecPro:  1080p30 / 720p60 / 280 €

Above is Mikk36 price-table and it can be related to my last post to "cervedin" @ my " ... however ( as you know yourself ) for the same price much better video quality dash camera can be bought these days ( even for cheaper price ) ".
I think most users of this forum agree with me on this.

cervedin said:
Just got back at a day at IFA and the positive feedback for our products continues to amaze me. As product manager, I'm very pleased to see this much engagement for our products on dash-cam talk - it's an honor. If any of you have the chance, stop by our booth at IFA Berlin, hall 7.2b please come and check them out!!
@ Milamber
Simple. Our commitment to security, build quality and usability. I think you need to feel our products to really appreciate the quality. I'm not going to plug my products more here as I understand there is special part of the forum for this. But we do have an upcoming exciting product coming out with a rear camera, 105° VGA
Interesting - what do you like most about it?

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping you could provide some examples and proof.

I'm only interested in HD, given it's the year 2013 and all mobile phones have a built in camera with HD output a VGA camera is a massive step backwards for anyone, in fact 105° is completely useless as a rear dashcam since you will have no visibility whatsoever to the corners of the vehicle. so in short, VGA output and a viewing angle that cuts off the viewing area is not wide angle and is not a positive.

To give you some perspective here is what 70° looks like.

Don't mean to be rude, but your camera is clearly nothing special, in fact the specs are less than the average Samsung Mobile Phone and in higher temps your camera wouldn't last a day south of the equator when inside a parked vehicle - temps inside cars reach over 70+ degrees. Please can you detail what security measures you are referring too as well as build quality?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello guys!
Just finished with the IFA, got some cool ideas for the future and I'm glad to see continued interest in this thread.

I'll do my best to briefly answer some of your comments here. Admittedly, I'm don't know these specs and everything by heart so I'll get back to you when I'm back at the home-base.

Sorry about the out-dated information on our English website, we're a French company mostly operating in French markets. As a Swede, speaking far better English than French, I wouldn't expect you to read our French site. We're in the process of updating our regional sites and meanwhile I invite you to Google Translate :oops:

However:

niko said:
Mikk36 said:
Code:
RecMini: 640x480 30fps    / 130 €
RecNeo:  640x480 30fps    / 200 €
RecDuo:  640x480 30fps x2 / 280 €
RecPro:  1080p30 / 720p60 / 280 €

Above is Mikk36 price-table and it can be related to my last post to "cervedin" @ my " ... however ( as you know yourself ) for the same price much better video quality dash camera can be bought these days ( even for cheaper price ) ".
I think most users of this forum agree with me on this.

I'm sorry but I have to correct these numbers - all our products are Full HD except for the dual camera systems due to processing limits and sd-card bandwith limitations but we're working on how to get around this. I actually met with a supplier at IFA who showed me a dual 1080p prototype, would you guys say Full HD is important?
The table should read
Mini 1080p [PAL/NTFS] 129 €
Neo 1080p [PAL/NTFS] 179 €
Duo 720p [PAL/NTFS] VGA 15fps 279 €
Pro 1080p [PAL/NTFS] 279 €

@ Niko, I appreciate your feedback. I just didn't agree with your description of my products. I'll get back to you with better specs next week!

@ Milander No offense taken, but what you say here is simply untrue - maybe it's just because you're looking at our old catalogue. Our products are designed to be a blackbox for the car, Samsung phones aren't. I'll get back to you with some videos and specs!

Am I too early??? On your RoadEyes website you do show a DVR with two separate cameras when I click on the motorcycle button, but there's no product name or information. Is this a future product?

I'm wading into the dashcam discussion as a total newbie, but I've been scanning the web and comparing features for some time. There aren't a lot of options for motorcycles out there and your RecTwin is pretty impressive with respect to features, although I don't think that unit is necessarily targeted toward the motorcycle market. In terms of features that I think would be important;

Waterproof remote cameras both front and rear, both with ambarella chipsets. Wide field of view for both and long cables to connect to central DVR head. These cameras should be in aluminum housings and should come with sturdy metal mounts that would have 3M stick tape but also the ability to be permanently mounted. If this is going to stay permanent on the bike, I don't want some GoPro plastic mount that can be easily broken and the camera ripped off. Naturally, small and discreet in appearance would be good too so that it's not an obvious "STEAL ME!!" item. Perhaps the metal camera housing could be an add on to an existing camera (slip it inside the housing and screw it together as a watertight unit) then the user could paint the housing a colour to match the bike and make it more discreet.

As to the DVR, well I don't see that I'm going to leave a large device with a seven inch screen just lying around on my bike for anyone to nick. Could you pursue some sort of quick dock (again, waterproof) that I can mount permanently on the bike and pop out the DVR when I go to work or into a store and leave my bike exposed? Someone above mentioned their cellphone and the built in camera. How about changing things up a bit? Everyone has a cellphone out there, and they all have Bluetooth. Could your DVR be compacted to more of a black box, no screen and it simply uses a cellphone via Bluetooth as the control/display? I could mount the blackbox in the chassis somewhere securely and use a RAM mount on the handlebar for my cellphone which I could easily take with me. Should lower the cost quite a bit for the DVR and make it a much more desirable item for motorcycles and scooters.

Just my two cents worth.

Mark

Hallo,
Avoid this cams,i bougth a Road Eyes Rectwin "HD"(pffff) ,selling price is horror, more than 300 euro, i get it for 50euro , but the quality was worst than a cheap dashcam from ebay for 15 dollar,really, i give it back to the seller.

Back