F70G 720P Dual Lens DVR Dash Camera (with GPS option)

I have been using my F70G for about three weeks. I purchased it from cg-electronics via Aliexpress. I asked Diana Qin a dozen questions and got an answer immediately every time. The technical service information she provided was straight forward about the processor, GPS and how it all worked (thank you DashCamTalk to know what questions to ask). The manual is for the F70 with no GPS and you have to look at the website pictures to hook up the GPS. Because of China's GPS regulations, my GPS Logger with Google Maps was 25 miles off to the East on the map and 21 miles off to the South on the Lat/Long. Yes the speed is in Kilometers. The quality and features are awesome having front & rear cameras. It’s a little difficult to unzip the .rar files for the applications. NOTE: The audio doesn't work in the DV Route Player (Google Maps) but works fine in Quicktime Player (with NO Google Maps). And, it’s all portable; you can use it for surveillance at home, office, etc. with an AC to DC adapter when you use the motion detection feature! I'm really happy with the quality and features... and with Diana Qin at CG-Electronics (also at cg-electronics.com website). It's cheaper to order with a 'virtual' credit card through Aliexpress. If you order directly, PayPal adds an additional 4% and sales tax.

Try Registrator Viewer for playback, if yours is a supported model you might find your map issue fixed, China play with the results for google maps but only by around half a kilometre, if you choose satellite view they're correct, if yours is out more than this the problem is something else

Hi,
I have just received theX2 HD 720P Mini Dual Lens Vehicle Camera Car Black Box DVR with G-Sensor+Night Vision+Remote Control+Optional GPS
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/217875619.html
This appears to be the same model, does anyone know if the GPS symbol is the orange/yellow lined symbol at the top of the screen, if it is does,does this colour denote it is active? or how do I know whether it is or not? I have a GS8000 which shows flashing red with no signal and solid green with an active signal.

Many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
cheekytrucker said:
Hi,
I have just received theX2 HD 720P Mini Dual Lens Vehicle Camera Car Black Box DVR with G-Sensor+Night Vision+Remote Control+Optional GPS
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/217875619.html
This appears to be the same model, does anyone know if the GPS symbol is the orange/yellow lined symbol at the top of the screen, if it is does,does this colour denote it is active? or how do I know whether it is or not? I have a GS8000 which shows flashing red with no signal and solid green with an active signal.

Many thanks

The GPS indicator on my F70G appears to be the yellow wifi symbol. It flashes when the unit starts up then goes solid when it has a lock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for that, have just received my second for my other car(i1000, f70g variant), really good value, would recommend for everyone. Well worth the 25 day wait for delivery.
Camera came well packaged, has worked for approx 9 hours five days per week for about a month with no problems so far.x2 from aliexpress

If I understand you guys correctly, the log from GPS hardware has offsets, and gets corrected later by the viewer software? Then displaying the GPS position on the video footage would be nothing else than useless, and most probably invalid as evidence.

Back