What's your experience on using regular power banks with Dashcams?

Sunny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than I can review. ;)
Not the ones that are specifically made for dashcams but regular ones like 12,000, 16,000 mah that are supposed to be for phones/tablets?
How good do they work?
How long do they last on full charge, on regular and parking mode?
Thanks for chiming in...

There are numerous threads on this topic already that have been here quite some time, like this one, so why start another one @Sunny?

It's always a good idea on web forums to do a little searching to see if the topic you want to discuss already has a thread....to two or three....or more. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are numerous threads on this topic already that have been here quite some time, like this one, so why start another one @Sunny?

It's always a good idea on web forums to do a little searching to see if the topic you want to discuss already has a thread....to two or three....or more. ;)
True. Can be merged.

I was trying to get something like a table, you know how they do with SD size and how long it can record type.
If there is a reference on power bank's capacity and corresponding time on dashcam run time, it'll be helpful.

PowerbanksVSTime.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:
True. Can be merged.

I was trying to get something like a table, you know how they do with SD size and how long it can record type.
If there is a reference on power bank's capacity and corresponding time on dashcam run time, it'll be helpful.

I think that might be hard to do considering how many variables there are with each camera, current draw, SD card, powerbank, battery condition, age, state of charge, ambient temperature, etc., etc. If your take the time to read some of the other threads about this topic you'll find comments where members have talked about the length of time they've been able to run their cameras on whatever powerbank they own.

I think that might be hard to do considering how many variables there are with each camera, current draw, SD card, powerbank, battery condition, age, state of charge, ambient temperature, etc., etc. If your take the time to read some of the other threads about this topic you'll find comments where members have talked about the length of time they've been able to run their cameras on whatever powerbank they own.
So what we need is a live table that users can input brand/model, numbers instead of posts. Hmmm...

So what we need is a live table that users can input brand/model, numbers instead of posts. Hmmm...

I think it would be an information clusterXXXX that won't provide useful data but if think you can make it work, go for it!

Back