Good recommendations under $100?

runtohell121,

I hope you don't mind me posting in your thread as the questions you asked were answered here applies to me as well.
Like you I was looking into the Mini 0806. I have since changed my mind after finding your post. This will be my first dash cam.

I see you ordered the A118-C which I'm looking at. I'm also considering the mobius but with a capacitor instead of a battery. You didn't list what your temperture ranges were where you live.

I could go with the mobius with capacitor as I like how small and discrete the cam is. I do have an Android phone but it doesn't have OTG support. However I could use a portable DVD player with the correct cable (1/8" mini to micro USB?) cable to aim the mobius.

I live in the southeast us with normal temps ranging from 30f (-1.1c) winter to 101f (38.3c) in the summer. I would mount the camera in a small Ford Ranger pickup truck.

I want to ask the forum members here which of the two cameras would you recommend knowing the above info?

Thanks!

Go head and ask on this thread :)

I think if I was given a second chance, I would probably go for the Mobius as long as you have something to aim the device. Right now, I would say avoid the A118-C as I received it after taking a long time with shipping and having problems with it currently. Mini 0806 also have some problems but I think it's being address with the 2nd batch of devices

Thank you runtohell121 ! :)
It's a bummer you're having problems with the A118-C. I hope you get the problems sorted out.

Go head and ask on this thread :)

I think if I was given a second chance, I would probably go for the Mobius as long as you have something to aim the device. Right now, I would say avoid the A118-C as I received it after taking a long time with shipping and having problems with it currently. Mini 0806 also have some problems but I think it's being address with the 2nd batch of devices

We've actually received the 3rd batch of the Mini 0806 now, so even more issues have been ironed out. MEG is working very quickly to make this a great dash cam.

Kelvin

Here's a small list of dash cam (that I know) are under or around $100
  1. E Prance Mini 0801
  2. G1W
  3. G1W H
  4. G1W C
  5. Shadow GT 680W
  6. A 118
  7. E Prance Car Rear View
  8. Mini 0805
  9. Mini 0806
  10. Mobius Action Cam
Choose the one that best suites your needs :)

I don't mean to fallow Russ around here, but as this is a bit bothering to me i'll post it here as well

The cameras you're promoting are not well respected here.
This
The real GS8000 was a reliability nightmare, and the knock off GS8000L is a video quality nightmare.
Not to mention this is another vendor trying to pass what I am guessing is the lower end NT96632 or NT96220 off has HD
GS8000 anything is an instant stay away.

Back on topic the B40/A118 and G1W series are good budget minded picks. The Minis are good as well.
I don't think I would get a GT 680W they are not bad, but for the price I think I would go with the B40/A118 as it is more compact.

Also for what it's worth I'm running the GT680W 2.7 firmware on my G1W.

G90.
Nothing under 100 beats its video quality and even most priced double have hard time.

Back