DR600GW-HD Issues

Daywalker

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR650GW-1CH
Okay I'm only less then a month into my first dash cam. I've had a few issues I've managed to have sorted it already but others are creeping up on me. Setting the date to the correct time was resolved with the v1.001 update. wifi speeds are still brutally slow, it takes several minutes to load one minute segments and even then it still stops to buffer during playback. Then the horrible sound quality just managed to fix itself o_O.

I wasn't all that impressed with the parking mode. It seems to want to record non-stop. I've adjusted the sensitivity so it's not always on but it hasn't helped. Then I noticed what was triggering the parking mode is the cameras sensitivity to light. It randomly goes from dark to light all on it's own.

When I woke up this morning and seen a fresh blanket of snow covering my car and the windshield my first thought was sweet, it wasn't recording all night. When I checked what was recorded I still had FOUR parking mode events, all due to the adjustments of light.

This is all fours motion senor triggered events caused by just the light made into one video showing what I mean.

Is their anyway to fix this?

As of last night I also noticed the GPS which was working when I got it, no longer connects at all. Going though my settings feature it doesn't look like something that can be turned off, so what gives?

Sorry for the confusion, I should have been more clear.

My GPS enabled dash cam is on the INSIDE in my cars interior. It snowed Saturday night/Sunday morning. Somewhere between the 9th and the 15th the GPS stopped working {going by the saved clips I kept}.

I realise its on the inside as they arent waterproof I meant the depth of snow could have inhibited the signal.

However it is probably something else if over a few days

Maybe the wind blew, the sun came up, a rooster crowed ... three events over a couple days is nothing to concern yourself with IMO. Events happen!

Maybe the wind blew, the sun came up, a rooster crowed ... three events over a couple days is nothing to concern yourself with IMO. Events happen!
It was four events over the course of one morning with a completely blocked lens, the time stamps are right in the video. BlackVues parking mode records five seconds previous of a event. All four shifts in brightness occur at the five second mark = Brightness change is the cause of the event. Rubber I'm not sure if you read the first post. Part of what I was asking was even with adjusting the sensitivity, parking mode still basically records non-stop non-events with a clear view. Even without a clear view it still records. How do I get the camera to be less sensitive to light or get it to just record actual events?

Mine is not wired to run when the car is off, so there's no way I can tell you definitively. All I can repeat is: EVENTS HAPPEN! Not trying to be rude, but the slightest bump in the road sets the stupid thing off. The camera leans toward the "better safe than sorry" mantra. I agree that adjustments in it's OWN white balance shouldn't be enough to trigger an event, but it's better than missing something I guess.

Keep leaning on the sensitivity levels. Basically... it recorded more than you think is necessary. After owning the thing for about a month now I've found that I only check the camera when there is something I want to review. I don't care if there are 20 events over the course of the journey, as long as it recorded the event I want to see.

Please please please we're (not very) patiently waiting for DR600 firmware. Please fix the microphone and include the FOTA options available with the DR650.

Today I checked the Blackvue App and noticed there is a new update for the DR600GW-HD version 1.002!

However it does not appear on the main website yet.

Well I contacted the ones I got my camera from, they exchanged the BlackVue unit with a new one I received yesterday. The GPS is working... for now. The sound appears to be working as well. Weird how some moments I have good quality audio and other times it's nothing but garbled static. I had a lot of trouble trying to sync to the correct time, formatting the microSD card seemed to fix that problem. So for now I have working GPS, sound and correct time and date.

I'm still sure about the wifi speeds, I'll have to check that over again. It had taken several minutes to load one minute segments. I do know that my iPhone 5 and the BlackVue unit STILL refuses to connect on the first attempt. The two only pare after turning off and then turning back on the BlackVues wifi.

I'm still a little lost as to why the BlackVues use wifi over Bluetooth. Wouldn't Bluetooth be a better application for data transfer in this instance ?

Done correctly, WiFi would be superior. So far, it appears that there is a LARGE void in Pittasoft's software department. Their engineering and product development departments are pumping out designs and product at a blistering pace. A new model or three every year! Except the software that runs these products are a complete afterthought. The BlackVue camera looks good, but the wifi and the audio are complete crap. Hopefully that's fixable, but it's disappointing to be sold a half-working product while they're already focusing on next years model.

Until then, I'll continue posting inaudible clips to YouTube. Hopefully that will dissuade someone else from making the same mistake I did.

I admit I picked the BlackVue based on it's design, I've yet to have a passenger ask about the device. It's small and hard to notice, which is what I wanted. Now after having to deal with these os issues I gotta ask. How long are we gonna have to wait before manufactures like Canon, Sony and Panasonic step into the dash cam world?

I picked up a DR600GW-HD from Costco.com, where it's on sale this month. The first one I got quickly developed the problem that it would not retain the SD card. I returned that one and bought another, which is ok so far. Interestingly, both of them came with a blank SD card where it was supposed to include the software and documentation.

I too have seen the WiFi issues. I have to turn the WiFi on and off several times before it shows up on my devices, transfer is much slower than it ought to be, and for some reason there is a restriction that the WiFi password be EXACTLY eight characters, whereas it should be anywhere from 8 to 63 characters. But the video it records is fine.

I'm correctly in the process of waiting for my third DR600 because my second much like my first the GPS failed to work or connect at all. In order to trouble shoot the issue I was asked to boot the camera without any other radio signals present {radio and cell phone turned off}. Now seeing is how both cameras had working GPS when I received them, is it all possible that my remote car starter/alarm could be somehow damaging the units GPS?

Other then actually receiving two defective DR600's, it's the only other thing I could think of.

It's hard to believe that tiny radio signals are interfering. We live in a world FULL of radio signals! There's no way your remote starter or car alarm are the culprits. The fob in your pocket is the only transmitter in this scenario, and you're not pressing it while you're driving.

The remote starter/alarm is a two-way unit and the receiver/transmitter are right in the same area as the camera. It was the only other thing that I could think of as to way I'd eventually have two dash-cams fail.

The remote starter/alarm is a two-way unit and the receiver/transmitter are right in the same area as the camera. It was the only other thing that I could think of as to way I'd eventually have two dash-cams fail.

they won't damage the GPS, not possible

Back