Why do we need "events"?

Frantic

Reaction score
Country
Italy
First of all greetings! :)

I just received my new DR650GW-2CH and I'm very happy. I tested it yesterday and it works very well, but I have a question: Why do we need "events"?
I recorded my travel and, even with sensibility at 0, I had many events. Cannot it record without events?
The problem is that at the end I cannot understand the right sequence of video files and I jump from 1 video to another. Is it not possible to have just a Normal video?

You should be able to turn the G-sensor off.

Thank you for answer Sunny. It sounds interesting what you said. How can I turn the G-sensor off? :)

Thank you for answer Sunny. It sounds interesting what you said. How can I turn the G-sensor off? :)

How to change sensitivity is in the manual, page 38:

http://www.sportgps.com.au/media/blackvue/DR650GW-2CH_Manual_EN_WEB_Ver.1.01_140704.pdf
How to Configure Sensitivity

It is possible to configure the G-sensor sensitivity to start event recording during normal recording and the
G-sensor & motion detection sensitivity to start event recording during parking mode recording, respectively.
1 Click the button and click the Sensitivity tab.
2 After changing the configuration, click Save & Close.
Note
yy For details about advanced sensitivity configuration, refer to Advanced Sensitivity Configuration.
(39 page)
No. Function Description
Apply to Alwayson
Recording
It is possible to configure the G-sensor sensitivity to start event recording during
always-on recording.
Apply to Parking
Mode
It is possible to configure the G-sensor and motion detection sensitivity to start
event recording during parking mode recording.

I did it that you said, but I always have many events. Maybe I have to use Advanced Sensitivity Configuration?
I have to make many tests and then I'll tell you my experiences. Thank you :)

I don't have that model so can't check.
In some dashcams, the sensitivity number is the opposite.
For example, lowest setting of 1 is insensitive and 5 is very sensitive.

i am having the same issue. i moved all the slide controls to zero and i'm still getting those annoying events every time i hit a bump in the road. there needs to be a check box to disable event triggering all together.

Hi Marcus!
I agree with you about check box.
Reading the instructions Sunny sent me, I noticed in Advanced Sensitivity Configuration that it's possible to adjust the sensitivity using old videos. For example if in one video my car jumped on a hole in the street, i can watch that video and when it jumps I pause the video and i adjust the sensitivity on graphic moving the control bar. I don't know if all is clear :) ..it's page 39 of manual Sunny posted up :)

Back