[SOLVED] Audio problems - very low audio in records (almost inaudible)

ku8az

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Hello,
whole time I have my white piece of camera, it does have almost no sound in records. It is very very low and almost inaudible. I have tried more firmwares (original and also modified from a topic here) and nothing had helped me at all. I also tried factory settings reset but still no result.
Do you have some advice what can I do with that? As I've found on internet, this issue is quite common and in most cases I've red it seems it affects only white versions :(

Fixed. I followed this tutorial and it seems it has helped. I will see how the camera could handle wind noise now but a voice and sounds in general are loud and clear.

Hi,
I have the same problem with sound in my white Yi. Is it possible to get a detailed description of the solution.
In Germany we cannot see this youtube video.
thanks
Camanuelac

You can try this tutorial if available in Germany

Unless, the process is quite simple.
  • Remove front cover. I used a specialized plastic tool for opening mobile phones because a knife may leave sharp marks of opening.
  • Unscrew four screws in corners. Be aware of a guarantee sticker placed on one of them - I had it in bottom left corner. It could be quite simply unsticked eg. by pin or needle without damage.
  • Put a board out. It may be quite hard and be careful for upper button, you mustn't damage its connector cable and it comes out quite hard as its metal plate holds sturdy inside.
  • You can see a mic put inside its compartment. Tak it out, carefully take away a black sleeve around it and you can see black (paper?) cover in front of mic. You need to remove it (eg. using a knife or some sharp tool), put on black sleeve again, return mic inside its compartment and assemble it all again in the opposite manner.
  • Enjoy your renewed sound in videos :)

I found the actual culprit. I have a white yi cam and the recorded sound was to low i saw some videos which says to remove the black colored sticker on the mic but actually when i opened the camera i realised that the black colored covering of the mic was inbetween the hole on the mic and the hole in the camera for the sound to pass. therefore due to this plastic covering the sound could not pass through the hole to the mic and due to which it was too low. i did an experiment while removing the black sticker and record a video and with the black sticker also there was no difference therefore the only culprit is the black plastic cover of the mic. check your mic cover if u have same problem and do not remove the black sticker because in long run the mic would be filled with dirty and will be totally blocked

Back