My thoughts on the Jackery Giant+

CheckYourLights

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Front&Rear-SH800/ Front 2nd Vico-Opia 2
A little while ago Amazon had the Jackery Giant+ on sale for 30 dollars (ASIN: B00EA1P8OI). I have been wanting a pack for awhile since I bought another for a friend to power a C3.

I figured it was go big or go home so I could have the extra juice is need be so I picked this one up.

It clams to be the world's largest capacity portable external battery with dual outputs even though the Anker 2nd Gen Astro E5 seems to have a larger capacity. (16000mAh Anker/12000mAh Jackery)

It has a pack charging time of 10 hours so I have been charging it at home I have used it to power both my Innovv C4 and charge an Amkov AMK5000S while I was at lunch that I am hoping to get a few kinks out of and review soon.

This has only been the second time it has completely died on me, and along with using it with my C4 as parking protection in my car I also sometimes use it if I grab my C4 in a rush to wear on my hat but it happens to be dead.

It kept a dead C4 running and recording for about 2 and a half hours with no issue until I had realized I left it on in the car when I went it.

The only small draw back of course is that with big power comes big size. This is one of the biggest portable packs I have seen. It feels shorter and wider over the Anker E5 being taller and thinner. It weighs in at 307 grams.

It feels the same as the Innovv C4 when I hold it. It features a smooth matte grey like finish. I wish there was a little bit of texture somewhere to make it a little easier to grab while it has not yet it feels like it could slip out of my hand easily. As mentioned before it features dual charging ports. One is 5v 1A and the other is 5v 2.1A as well as a Micro B In for charging of the pack itself. It has a small light on the same side as the ports making it easy to kind of move your hand and direct light to the ports to plug and unplug.

Lastly it has a 3 light bar indication with what I am guessing is 100-50-25 or so. The LED lights are a little darker blue more then what is shown in the Amazon pictures It only has one button. Push once to turn the pack on once something is plugged in and double tap to turn the little light in front on and off.

Over all other then wishing that it had a little bit of grip I have been pretty happy with it so far. I'll try to get a hold of the Anker and compare them at some point.

hFigno0.jpg

Here it is charging the Amkov AMK5000S while I was at lunch

Back