What happens if wired without Accessory? Power Magic / UPS

joshmcmillan

Reaction score
Hello,

In regards to the units designed to stop your battery running flat or turn the dashcam off after a certain time, what would happen if the power magic is wired in WITHOUT the accessory wire. Only the earth / constant power wire.

I believe this wire is used to start the timer, which I do not need. But will the unit still work to cut power at the set voltage?

I ask this because where I am hoping to get my power source from to minimize cables, there is no accessory wire.

PS. I am buying an ITB-100HD from eBay as they seem like the best unit for the price.

Thank You.

Re: What happens if wired without Accessory? Power Magic / U

I'm sure others might be able to confirm, but I would expect that such devices still would cut off at the set voltage as there will be no voltage on the accessory wire when the ignition is off anyway. The only way I could think that this wouldn't work is if the device only goes into "voltage watch" mode if the accessory wire has had voltage then not, to signal the car being turned off. I'd be very surprised if this was the case, but you never know.

Thanks for the reply.

I decided to be safe I should be able to wire it right around into the fuse box without having the wiring too visible.

I've purchased the Itronics ITB-100HD and the Blackvue power magic. The reason I opted for the Blackvue Power Magic over the Itronics Uninterrupted Power Supply is because the the iTronics certainly, and potentially both do not have the option to turn the timer OFF if connected (Power Magic Plus definitely has the option to turn the timer off). And as the iTronics only has a 48 hour timer, rather than the Blackvue's 72 hour option, I purchased the later. The blackvue is also a smaller unit with the cigarette plug separate to the unit.
The iTronics does however have twice as many options for voltage cut off levels.

Hi joshmcmillian,

Hardwiring to the fuse box shouldn't be a big deal. The ITB-100HD and the BlackVue Power Magic is a decent combination. Congrats on the purchase.

Back