Xiaomi Action Cam...

open the eng version 1.4 and there is a notofication about version 1.5

i did that already no nothing. after you updated yours, does it change to chinese language again?

There is a bug in 1.5. When connected to HDMI resolutuion on TV is low. When app is off I have full resolution on TV.
Mike

This bug was also in previous versions of app..

Anyone know where I can get the App for android? On the official site of Xiaomi (from the QR code) I get an error 500 saying the page does not exist......

Than you, super fast!!. Also a side question: I know some of the Yi cameras have a lens focus problem. On the app I can see what the camera sees, and in the middle the picture is a bit blurred. Does it mean I have the problem or is it an artefact because of the app resolution?

Than you, super fast!!. Also a side question: I know some of the Yi cameras have a lens focus problem. On the app I can see what the camera sees, and in the middle the picture is a bit blurred. Does it mean I have the problem or is it an artefact because of the app resolution?
@Shay , if you can, try live view from this app https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-control-configure-from-pc-win-lin-mac.11206/
directly from PC, on bigger monitor you will be able to say more precisly if it is only some artefact or not
it can also be some dust/dirt particle on the lens (or under it on chip which would be worse).
I had some artefact around artificial sources of light (when pointing on them), but looks it was only some dirt on a lens :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Shay , if you can, try live view from this app https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-control-configure-from-pc-win-lin-mac.11206/
directly from PC, on bigger monitor you will be able to say more precisly if it is only some artefact or not
it can also be some dust/dirt particle on the lens (or under it on chip which would be worse).
I had some artefact around artificial sources of light (when pointing on them), but looks it was only some dirt on a lens :)

Note that the application makes use of the streaming which is horridly pixelated and makes focus difficult to determine. I was just going through this last night. One note that might help however is to go into the tools menu, effects and filters, video effects, crop, and select the 2 checkboxes and then crop to 100 or 200 pixels on both axis. This will zoom in a lot and help to determine as clear as you can get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asked before... but since I actually bought the action cam, now I'm looking for accessories for mounting this thing to my car. Any links/suggestions to decent mounts that are inexpensive?

I am using a similar one off ebay, took them forever to deliver as usual but at no cost to ship. Seems to work pretty well.
1.5 English version app installed just fine on my OPO phone, the 180 deg flip feature works like a charm - no longer need to hunt for exotic mounts to keep it the right side up.

So the only things we are missing now wrt dashcam use are auto power on and auto record. Yeay.
Not a must, but was hoping to take it out occasionally and use it as an action cam like it was meant to be. Any suggestions on cheap accessories (helmet/wrist/chest mounts will do)?

Any smaller mounts? And any kind of case to make it black so it's not as noticeable?

Back