"Please check the time settings" + no GPS logging

efi_shams

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Recently I hear this voice message from my CR-500HD every time I turn on the ignition switch in my car.
In addition, no GPS is recorded in the video file (location and speed are not available on playback).
I switched my camera with another one, and the GPS works fine with it.
APPLE-CT does no answer to my emails for a long time though I have sent few messages to him.
Bought it on May 2013.

Can anyone advise me please?
Thanks.

I bought it from Goniglobal in March. Same issues.
Contacted them already but them seems reluctant to give me an address to send the cam back for repairs.

I would check the battery. I don't have GPS hooked up, but mine would say "please check the time settings" on startup when the internal battery died.

If you need a replacement battery check with Alex at Blackboxmycar.com he may be able to get you a new battery for a reasonable charge or direct you to the correct repair Center if your current reseller is not willing to help.

I have bought 2 Finevu CR-500HD's from Alex and have had nothing but Great service from him and his company. When you decide to replace your current camera I would choose Blackboxmycar.com for the great service and support.

Unfortunately they've been out of replacement batteries for awhile with no expected date of stock. I ended up retrofitting an ipod battery instead, which should last longer anyways.

Recently I hear this voice message from my CR-500HD every time I turn on the ignition switch in my car.
In addition, no GPS is recorded in the video file (location and speed are not available on playback).
I switched my camera with another one, and the GPS works fine with it.
APPLE-CT does no answer to my emails for a long time though I have sent few messages to him.
Bought it on May 2013.

Can anyone advise me please?
Thanks.
I hope this works for you it did for me
1. Disconnect camera and press power button if all the lights come on then the battery is all rights
2. Format the sd card via adapter double check through properties
3. Insert sd card into the camera and connect to the computer with the usb plug
4. Bring up the settings page where the clock and date can be seen
5. Press the O.K. button
6. You should get box appear that says you need to reboot the camera in the car to transfer the info to
the camera and hopefully you won't get the "set date" again
Good luck

Back