2ch Lukas LK-9700 Duo, GPS, OBD II, 1080p+720p/30fps. 256Gb SD+256Gb MicroSD = 512Gb

head up there are firmware update for several lukas models including the LK9700 DUO D and B type version is 3.7 released 16/10/2014 also a new viewer My 9700 duo D type with OBD 2 has gone back to lukas being a faulty replacement for the first one....I have asked for it to be replaced with the 9700 DUO B type which lukas has agreed once the faulty camera arrives....Apart from the faulty camera my car shows it is not compatible with the OBD2 module so replacing it with the B type with GPS built in seems the more logical route to take ( a shame seeing as the features offered by the OBD2 version is what drew me towards that model)......Looking on the bright side there will be less wires ( external gps ....OBD2 power lead ) .......I will bring everyone up to speed when the camera arrives.....They say third time lucky.....Ipol ah I see some of you have already discovered the updated firmware

Last edited:
latest update is 3.3 (not 3.7). It's a typo. How did you manage to get Lukas to directly communicate with you? Did you send your unit to Korea for RMA?

@Google I bought my LK9700 duo D type full package direct from the lukas store in Korea they included a cigarette socket power lead by mistake which was fortunate seeing as the OBD2 feature is not recognised by my car (a mitsubishi space star circa 2005 ) the camera developed a fault within the first week I emailed the lukas store and arranged to send it back.The replacement camera was faulty on arrival,it is now on its way back to Korea.....I have requested the replacement to be the 9700DUO B type which they have agreed.....Hopefully it will be a case of third time lucky Thanks for the head up on the firmware update being a typo 3.3 and not 3.7 the initial version was 3.1 I have installed the 3.3 version onto a sd card plus the new viewer on the PC .....Now all I need is a camera to test it out on Ipol PS when you buy direct there is a contact form in case of problems

head up there are several firmware updates as of today 14/11/2014 version 3.9 also a new viewer Ipol:) file size is 90.5 MB viewer version is 1.2.8.0

Last edited:
head up there are several firmware updates as of today 14/11/2014 version 3.9 also a new viewer Ipol:) file size is 90.5 MB viewer version is 1.2.8.0

Thanks for the update Ipol. I did reluctantly install the update hoping it would not do anything detrimental to the 9700 duo. I found mine was working great and you know the old saying, if it ain't broke don't try and fix. Anyhow I did install and the file went on quickly and all my old settings were there when the box came back up. I'll know over the next couple days whether all is good. Thanks again.

@ whoknows Glad to hear the update went smoothly I have downloaded the firmware onto a lukas card and the viewer has installed ok on the PC....Unfortunately both the first 9700 duos D type were faulty the lukas store are sending me the 9700 duo B type this time, my car does not recognise the OBD2 module ( its a BITCHUMISHI ) as kamkar would say.....so I am going to have to make do with the B type and built in GPS......hopefully it will be here in the next couple of weeks or so.....fingers crossed it will be third time lucky.....I am running the lukas ace at present must be the best part of a year now,dropped it a couple of times from about a metre high( ooopppsss :eek: ) still running as good as new.....:)........Ipol......PS thats a nice and alert looking dog you have there

Damm the Bitchsumishi will not work with the OBD2 module o_O thats just sad.

And a bit worring that the #1 unit faled after a short time, and the #2 unit was BOA. Make me a little nervous about considering a Lukas in the future.

Hope some one crack the OBD2 in the future, i would still like to have some of the info from it embedded in the videos, but when it only work 100 % with some cars and a little with others, and not at all with yet others i dont dare to take the chance.

@kamkar1 In view of the fact that the LK7900ACE has presented me with no trouble, plus my relationship with the lukas team has always been first class I am biting the bullet as far as two fails go. Reading the posts where others have had fails with various dashcams #àé# happens from time to time.However should the 3rd unit fail on arrival I might start to worry somewhat.......watch this space as they say Ipol:cool:

Has anyone tried an LK-9700 type D with any Subaru? That manufacturer is not listed at all on Lukas's list.

Head Up there are firmware updates for several Lukas models ie the LK9700 duo update is 5.3 Well the 9700 arrived last week the only problem is on playback the video keeps jumping. I am on firmware 3.9 so before I send samples to lukas is will try the 5.3 update and see if that cures the problem Apart from the one hiccup the camera is fine,havent yet checked if there is a new viewer yet Ipol...................just checked latest viewer is 1.2.9.0 I will see if the Jerky playback on the PC has been resolved tomorrow.

Last edited:
Looks like the 9750's are coming, Full HD front and back, always the way, i just bought the 9700 and 9750's are about the come out

The lk9750duo is now on the lukashd.com English site Ipol

well, considering my 9700 is faulty, wonder if they will swap it with a 9750 :)

Went to start my car this morning, totally dead, Lukas drained it as the voltage cut off did not work, and my touch screen is still faulty

well, considering my 9700 is faulty, wonder if they will swap it with a 9750 :)

Went to start my car this morning, totally dead, Lukas drained it as the voltage cut off did not work, and my touch screen is still faulty

If you got a faulty 9700, then I am sure seller have to exchange it to 9750 ( you pay $ difference ). If you dont ask, - you dont get ! ;)

Panorama X2 is both cheap and in my opinion much better camera :)

Panorama X2 is both cheap and in my opinion much better camera :)

Good morning. Cheap doesn't make a better camera and your opinion is ok if you have both boxes but would be nice if you could elaborate on the reasons for your opinion. I checked amazon and see only 20 dollars difference between the two boxes. For 20 bucks I would stay with a the lukas duo.

Back