ABEO HDVR-150

pandap

Reaction score
has anyone have any experience with this? seemed like a really good design, stealthy and no blockage of windshield.

probably better description on ebay

amazon gives pretty good review and a free upgrade offer to 1080p + G-sensor but no one really mention anything about video quality.

Would like to hear some opinions on it from you experts.

Hi pandap,

I am a fan of Rearview mirror dash cams since they very discreet. The manufacturer's page for the ABEO HDVR-150 only mentions 720p in the specs but perhaps they have updated the camera. There definitely appears to be numerous versions of this camera and it is difficult to tell them apart in the videos.

Here are some recent videos on Youtube.

Date and time in red (upper right corner), medium sized font, 720p resolution.

Date and time in red (upper right corner), small sized font, 1080p resolution.

Date and time in yellow (upper right corner), small sized font, 1080p resolution

Date and time in yellow (bottom right corner), large sized g=font, 720p resolution

All the older videos have the yellow date and time in bottom right corner with 720p resolution. I think that is the original 720p model. My guess is that the newer 1080p models come with the red text in upper right corner but it is difficult to say :? To confuse things even more, the video on Amazon shows the date and time stamp in the upper left corner in white!

Anyways, the quality is quite decent.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a video review for the older 720p model. In the comments, it states the camera automatically turns on when turning on the car but doesn't turn itself off.

Dash Cam Man

Last edited by a moderator:
Another review of the older 720p model can be found on this site. Seems positive as well, only negative is the large size.

Overall, thanks for pointing out this camera. The reviews from multiple sources are positive, the video quality is decent and the rearview mirror style is very discreet. Not a bad option for $150. I'll keep my eyes open for more info on this camera. Perhaps we can figure out why the date and time stamp changes so much!

Dash Cam Man

I am considering this unit as well. If you end up buying it please come back to post your opinions and videos. If I end up buying it I will do the same.

Back