Recording to SD card stops after few days, can't tell from the unit that its stopped?

deja

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have this unit wired up to the power magic box and its meant to be recording 24/7. In the unit settings i have battery saving off.

After a few days from a fresh format it will stop recording to the SD card. But you couldn't tell if you didn't go in to have a look as all the indicator lights are working. It goes into P mode and D mode as normal. Recording light still flashes red. Check the settings and everything seems normal. I can format the card and it will record as per normal.

I have tried this with both Samsung and Sandisk 64gb SD cards and its the same result.

Any ideas?

just bought the pitasoft 64gb card, hopefully this will fix this up.

yea hopefully its the SD card issue

I have this same issue with a SanDisk Ultra 64 card.

The unit records and plays back video just fine, but when you try and use the Mac viewer it looks like it stopped recording about a week ago (mine stopped recording July 16, but I can view recordings from July 24, for example, through the unit itself).

I'll try the Windows viewer tonight, but the Recordings folder shows files only up the the 16th.

Kinda begs the question of where the files from the 24th are being stored! :)

Well i ended calling support and they reckon there is something wrong with my camera, i've sent it back to them along with the 64gb card and they will investigate.

They said they will most likely replace the whole kit - front & back camera, sd card and gps module

Back