Lidl Cam vs G1W

DIESELindustry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lidl is a German low cost supermarket that is present throughout Europe. It regularly has budget things on offer. some are good some are average.

So since there were no reviews on the camera last year and the same again this year I thought I'd just give it a short brief review for those thinking of getting one.

I was quite excited that after speaking to my wife on the way to Lidl about how cheap and good dash cams have become and low and behold on the way in there was a poster for a Lidl special buy.

I got up early to buy two of these on Thursday 23rd July 2015.

I opened the packaging and was surprised at how small it was. The power lead was only 2 metres long and just got in the way.

The software and setup was really easy and it was mounted in the car within minutes.

It doesn't have a wide angle view and the picture was good but nothing to write home about.

After a few days i got to try it in the night. This is where the camera really hit its low point. Its barely recogniseable and the new bright led street lights bacame orange and blurry.

ive since bought a G1W and Its streets ahaed of the Lidl product. the G1W only has a 1 year warranty while the Lidl 3 but i would rather have a good clear camera than the longer period.

Bottom Line: Just buy the G1W but make sure you get a genuine product (google how to spot a fake)

Here's the link that should be live shortly

Last edited:
The negative comments posted at http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/1080p-digital-dashboard-camera-39-99-lidl-2246497 hopefully deterred many people from wasting their money on it.

Yeh. Although that was in 2014. I bet there are plenty of people who have not done their research and think it's good.

Lidl and Aldi do have a lot of good products so that's why I took a gamble. I knew it was a safe one because of their 28 no quibble returns policy.

Hopefully people see this post and realise that there's better out there.

Most of us start with something low-cost and then on basis of bad / good experience move further.
There is a Japanese saying: "to find best restaurant - you have to go through all restaurants".
I would say this applies to "searching a best women" as well, but my wife will kill me if she reads this post:)

Last edited:
Back